free website stats program Saddle bag guards on 2009 RG only, please | Harley Davidson Forums

Saddle bag guards on 2009 RG only, please

tlippy

On page 406 of the 2009 HD accessory book:
Saddle bag guards # 49282-09 do not require additional hardware. I don't believe it!! Has anyone done this install? All the other guards require an additional $200 in saddle bag support hardware. Please advise for this specific part number. I can read the parts book. I need someone who has puechased and installed # 49282-09. Thanks

I installed them on My Bike and everything was around $500.00, I do not have the Part Numbers off hand but I remember what it cost me!

2009 Road Glide - Red Sunglo

HD's site is pretty accurate in anything I have purchased and the write-up looks pretty complete to me:

Chrome Rear Saddlebag Guard Kit

Add protection and style to your ride. Complete kit replaces the under-saddlebag support found on Street Glide® and Road Glide® models with loop-style saddlebag guards for a traditional look. Featured as Original Equipment on FLHR and FLHT models, these chrome-plated guards are shaped to accept Saddlebag Guard Bags (sold separately) for added storage. Kit includes left and right guards and all necessary mounting hardware.

On my 05 rg,it cost me only $198.00 to install the guards ,dont buy from the hd parts book,ask them for the acceseries catalog from harley, a lot cheaper $. My dealer always keeps me up to date on what comes out,like the se saddle bag extensions,now are avalible with out having to have a se vin number, :20:

On page 406 of the 2009 HD accessory book:
Saddle bag guards # 49282-09 do not require additional hardware. I don't believe it!! Has anyone done this install? All the other guards require an additional $200 in saddle bag support hardware. Please advise for this specific part number. I can read the parts book. I need someone who has puechased and installed # 49282-09. Thanks

I have an 09 Road Glide and I have done the install using Part #49282-09. No additional hardware is needed because the guards use some of the existing saddlebag support hardware.

Thank you Jim B. The 09's have a wider frame and many of the earlier model aftermarket products won't fit. I'll order mine today....

Thank you Jim B. The 09's have a wider frame and many of the earlier model aftermarket products won't fit. I'll order mine today....

Inspect the guards when you get them. Mine had scratches on the black surfaces and there was rust around one of the bolt holes. More importantly, inspect the welds on the bracket where the muffler is bolted on. My first set not only had the scratches and the rust, but the bracket broke the first time I started up the bike. (good thing I was still in the garage.) HD replaced the guards and the new set was fine.

And, as you've already learned, you have to read the catalogue carefully since a lot of parts don't fit either 09's in general or Road Glides in particular.

Back