free website stats program Saddle Bag Fillers | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Saddle Bag Fillers

Thanks for all the info. I found the part at Ronnies for a decent price unless there is someplace better. :)
John

If you have the 2014 H-D Genuine Parts and Accessories catalog, check out page 667 for the tri-bar tip lights and pages 352-353 for the various filler strip kits and part numbers for color matching.

That is the rear facia from a '06 FLHX; PN 59739-06DH. The DH designates the black color; you might be able to order in the color of your bike or a primed piece. You will need the stud plate, flange nuts and the light bracket; you will need it because you will have to replace the OEM fender tip. I have the PNs for the hardware if you are interested.

You will need to drill the rear fender to attach the facia; three holes on each side. Best way is to apply some painters tape, fit the facia, mark and drill; gotta get it right the first time for a good tight fit. Some use two sided tape to install but I don't like that method.

There are two tip lights; I would have to dig through my notes for the PN. My bike is a 2002 FLHT, not sure if there are issues with the bag rails as Breeze refers to with Classics or Ultras; I did not encounter any. If you are interested in details; let me know.
I am looking to do the same to my 07 Electra Glide standard, I have to replace my rear fender so I figure this the best time to add the facia. I'm picking up a used fender tomorrow, it's off or another standard so I will still need the facia, light and mounting brackets. If you still have any info, pointers, and the part numbers of what you had to get can you please pass the info on. I would really appreciate it.
Thank you

I am looking to do the same to my 07 Electra Glide standard, I have to replace my rear fender so I figure this the best time to add the facia. I'm picking up a used fender tomorrow, it's off or another standard so I will still need the facia, light and mounting brackets. If you still have any info, pointers, and the part numbers of what you had to get can you please pass the info on. I would really appreciate it.Thank you

I have the information but will have to dig through my notes to pull it out. If you can give me a day or two, I will find it and post. Are you planning to install the Tri Bar tip light? If so, you will need to find a place to plug in the light harness. IIRC, from '06 up, there is a receptacle in the wiring harness to make that connection. I had to shorten the harness and connect to a spare female receptacle in the taillight.

I have attached a write up of the installation of the SG rear facia on an earlier model but I think there is sufficient information there for you to understand the process and parts required. You can go to http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche.com/ronnies/showmodel.asp?make=hdmc and check out parts.

I will tell you that many that have made this modification use the two sided tape method but as I said in my previous, I chose to mock up and drill holes to mount the stud plate and use mechanical fasteners. You have to take extra care when going the mechanical fastener route as it is easy to drill the holes a bit off which will cause the facia to "tweak". I was pretty careful but did end up slotting a couple of the holes to the facia could be installed without stressing and perfectly aligned. Just take care when mocking up and marking the hole locations should you decide to use mechanical fasteners. The only other issue for me was locating a power source for the tri bar light (the LED light is the best). I had to clip off the Tri Bar harness connector and replace it with a male connector that I could plug in to a spare female connector in my tail light.

Also attached a list of parts I ordered; I did not use either the pin housing or the socket housing, just don't remember but remember I was installing on an '02 FLHT and replacing the 16" rear wheel with an 18" rear wheel. I know you will need all the parts in bold text. If you install with two sided tape, you will not need the stud plate, screws and flange nuts. Hope this helps; the modification is worth the time and $$ IMHO.

PN59739-06DH_'06 rear fender facia
PN67774-10_tip light assembly
PN3956_screws (PN obsolete, part no longer available, so local hardware for these)
PN7499_flange nuts
PN59749-06_plugs
PN59778-06_grommets (not sure if I need one or two plugs or grommets so ordering two each)

PN73103-96BK_pin housing
PN73153-96BK_socket housing (not sure if I need a pin or socket housing so ordering one each)
PN59818-06_stud plate
PN91140-04, saddle bag support bracket (need this one for the rear wheel change also)

Attachments

• facia install write up.docx
    14 KB · Views: 2
Back