sad to see her go

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by west yorks uk, Aug 31, 2010.

1. west yorks uk

west yorks uk Member

i decided to swap my sporty in for a street bob, which will be getting delivered this week so over this last weekend i haven't done anything apart from ride her. she is my first bike & I'm sure i will remember her forever.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

its been emotional :D

2. Locke

Locke Member

Congrats on the New scoot. Sure you'll miss her, but your new lady will be just as special. Just thnk of all the things you'll get to buy for her, all the mods to make her just yours. Just remember to save a little money for gas so you can enjoy her!

Make sure you have all the pictures of your sporty you want. I do not have a single pict of my first Harley.

Ride safe, and ENJOY!

3. ultradoc

ultradoc Active Member

Take plenty of pics. And you will never forget your first.

4. ultrat

ultrat Senior Member Contributor

you will remember..........:D

5. glyd-n

glyd-n Junior Member

It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday, but trust me tomorrow will be a brighter day when you fire up the Dyna.:s

6. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Congratulation on the new ride!!!!!! After owning my last bike for 10 years and 50,000 miles, there is alot of memories made. Purchasing new one in 2008 it took me about a year to forget about the old bike and really appreciate the new Harley.

7. HarryB737

HarryB737 Junior Member

Congratulations on your new bike, You're right it's hard to say goodbye, my wife had the sales people move my '07 sportster around back before she & I went out front to saddle up on the Heritage. I still have fond memories of our time on the sporty, but you'll love your Dyna. Be sure to post some pic's of your new one when you take some.

8. murf

murf Active Member

My first bike after 33 yrs was a '06 super glide. rode a sporty of a friend later. If you're at least 5'9" I think you'll find you fit the street bob better, or maybe it fits you better ? OK, I claim senior moment.

9. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Personally, I would keep both...ala Hobbit. Two bikes, twice the joy...don't see a downside, as it is a buyers market right now, so your Sporty would not yield as much as the joy it gives you everytime you throw a leg over that Mike Corbin saddle...!

10. west yorks uk

west yorks uk Member

i would love to have kept the sporty as well but unfortunately i dont have the space to keep 2 bikes & i needed the trade in value to make the new one affordable.