free website stats program Sad story | Harley Davidson Forums

Sad story

You know sometimes people do really do dumb things, I don't understand why. Nothing more than I hate than a thief. If that thing is not returned perfect I hope they have to pay for a new one. Always gotta be one person that ruins it.

The news agency that is referenced did a "sensationalism" blurb on a different story. The story I read in another publication explained in detail that there was a dispute between the Owner/sculptor of the statue who had a signed document stating that he LOANED the art to the STEALERSHIP. The HD dealer filed for bankruptcy, reorganized and claimed the art as an asset, then sold the company. The Artist just came and STOLE what was his. The new owners of course think it's thiers, because it was in the inventory. So, no bad on the sculptor, or the new owners, who are fighting in court. Bad on the former stealership, Bad on the yellow journalism,

Last edited:
Nothing worse than a thief. I hope it is found and returned in the same shape as it was in when stolen.

It's too bad that "PRIDE and TRUST" mean nothing in this country any more. I saw a guy building that a few years ago on tv, it's made out of about 10 or 12 peices of cast bronze all gas welded together by a true craftsmen. I hope he's the one that has it.

WOW, I've heard of kids doing the "yard troll" thing & taking them on road trips, but these people obviously put some major thought/prep into this one. Hope they get caught soon...

The last report I do believe is that the statue was sort of repossessed by the artist that sculpted it and loaned it to the dealership to display. Then some kind of bankruptcy came along and the owner listed it as an asset. The sculptor got worried, hired a crane and took the statue of the racer to his studio. The news overplayed it. As usual.

Back