free website stats program Sad Sad Day | Harley Davidson Forums

Sad Sad Day

Hey all, been a while since I've checked in. I'm here today with lot's of bad news, looking for advice. I've got to sell my nightster quickly for as much as I can. My brother, a decorated marine coprs vet and Atlanta poice officer is losing his long battle with angio sarcoma, a rare form of cancer. We had lots of great times this last year riding together but now I've got to sell my bike to get ready to pay for his funeral. Dr's are saying maybe a few weeks. Any suggestions guys? By the way I wont be totally without a Harley. When my brother passes I will be inheriting the '01 sporty chopper that we purchased together in my moms honor when she died in April. They'll have to pry that one from my cold dead hands! Sorry to be a bummer but I could really use some advice on where to sell the nightster as quickly and for as much money as possible.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your bro - blessings to him, you & your family. All I can say is post on as many places as possible (eBay, CraigsList, forum FS/classifieds & HD bulletin boards). One good thing is your riding season's not winding down in GA so you should fare well & not have to take huge hit on selling price. Don't try to go for top dollar - price it reasonably & things should work out. Good Luck!

Sorry to hear about your brother. May he and the whole family be blessed during these difficult times.
Another option is to go to the local Harley dealer and see if they would buy bike off of you. This might be the quickest way to move bike.
Take care.

Sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Have you checked with the VA on the funeral expenses? He should be qaulified for some form of compensation. Also with the police force.

Sorry to hear about yor brother. My wife just died in Sept from breast cancer. As a veteran I had her buried in the Veterans Cemetary in Wrightstown, New Jersey where I will be buried with her. They take good care of the graves and everything is paid for. The plot, liner and grave marker. If he is married his wife is also eligible. I wish my wife would have known before she died. I think she would have really appreciated where and with whom she was buried. Definitely worth checking out. Hang in there - Bob

yeah they'll reimburse up to a point but we've got to pay it up front. A years worth of medical bills also

thanks Bob that is good to know, I'm going to check into. Im just hesitant because of the horror show that has been his VA claim for the past year. All of the dr's believe his cancer is service related, due to handling depleted uranium rounds wile in Iraq in '03. He also had o have hardware and a spinal fusion put in his back due to a humvee accident, as well as shrapnel in his arm from a grenade. The cancer alone makes him 100% disabled, but nope not in the eyes of the VA

Last edited by a moderator:
Knightster637, sorry to hear about your loss. Several posts have already advised of some great ideas to potentially sell your bike, as well as mentioned possible veterans benefits your brother is entitled to. Here is a link to the Veteran's Administrations Burial Benefits site that covers the various areas from eligibility to entitlements.

http://www.cem.va.gov/bbene_burial.asp

Knightster637, sorry to hear about your loss. Several posts have already advised of some great ideas to potentially sell your bike, as well as mentioned possible veterans benefits your brother is entitled to. Here is a link to the Veteran's Administrations Burial Benefits site that covers the various areas from eligibility to entitlements.

http://www.cem.va.gov/bbene_burial.asp
great link cyclops thanks

Take a look at this website. They are great. They might be able to provide your brother assistance especially if it is service related.

Semper Fi Fund Home

This is my one and only charity that I support. They are similar to Wounded Warrior but it is Marine Corps specific in this case.
Thanks Tank I'm going to check that out too.

Back