free website stats program S100 Engine Brightener | Harley Davidson Forums

S100 Engine Brightener

Irish Hog

Anyone ever use S100 Engine brightener??. I bought a can today becasue It has been recomended by some for cleaning up the excess chrome polish I wiped on the engine fins. Now the one question I have about the stuff is will it be safe on the edges of the fins and any chrome it hits around the engine?? I know it is safe for the black fins but I was curious if it would be safe on the shiney edges. You always gotta get a little advice about a product before you go spraying stuff all over your baby..

I also got a little present in the mail today from the wife. She ordered me a product called Crystal Glo bike wash. I mentionted it to her a while back and she winded up gettin me the whole kit, it was a little pricey, but it is a really good product for the bike..I just love this woman.

Crystal Glo link
CRYSTAL-GLO® Motorcycle Care Products

S100 and other products like pig spit are basically silicone base products and work well. Any over spray will just wipe off with a rag. It also wicks into areas like around the lifter blocks so you don't have to spray it heavily. Usually just a slight touch on the can top will go a long way. Use it in small spirts to reduce the over spray.

Thanks guys. I tested it on the white splotches of chrome polish I got on the fins and so far it took it right out and returned it to a nice black finish. I am going to give it a good wash down this weekend and hit the whole engine Sunday afternoon. Too cold to ride, so I might as well do something. Wednesday is looking promising for a ride with some high 50's in the forcast. Got my fingers crossed.

Back