S100 Engine Brightener

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Irish Hog, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Irish Hog

Irish Hog Junior Member

Anyone ever use S100 Engine brightener??. I bought a can today becasue It has been recomended by some for cleaning up the excess chrome polish I wiped on the engine fins. Now the one question I have about the stuff is will it be safe on the edges of the fins and any chrome it hits around the engine?? I know it is safe for the black fins but I was curious if it would be safe on the shiney edges. You always gotta get a little advice about a product before you go spraying stuff all over your baby..

I also got a little present in the mail today from the wife. She ordered me a product called Crystal Glo bike wash. I mentionted it to her a while back and she winded up gettin me the whole kit, it was a little pricey, but it is a really good product for the bike..I just love this woman.

Crystal Glo link
    CRYSTAL-GLO® Motorcycle Care Products
  2. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

Just spray it on a cold motor and wipe the overspray. You'll be good to go.

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

S100 and other products like pig spit are basically silicone base products and work well. Any over spray will just wipe off with a rag. It also wicks into areas like around the lifter blocks so you don't have to spray it heavily. Usually just a slight touch on the can top will go a long way. Use it in small spirts to reduce the over spray.
  4. Irish Hog

Irish Hog Junior Member

Thanks guys. I tested it on the white splotches of chrome polish I got on the fins and so far it took it right out and returned it to a nice black finish. I am going to give it a good wash down this weekend and hit the whole engine Sunday afternoon. Too cold to ride, so I might as well do something. Wednesday is looking promising for a ride with some high 50's in the forcast. Got my fingers crossed.