free website stats program S100 Engine Brightener: Residue and Dust | Harley Davidson Forums

S100 Engine Brightener: Residue and Dust

RibEye

I saw the positive results of S100 Engine Brightener the other day. It looked great, but I felt it and it seems to leave a kind of oil film on the wrinkle black cases. Was there too much applied, or is this normal?

Where I park my scooter seems to be quite dusty. If I use the S100, what can I expect from it, and the significant dust that accumulates?

Thanks,
Rich P

For the engine if its black try Pig Spit. Your HD dealer may carry it. Are you talking S-100 total cycle cleaner or the engine brightener ? The best way to use the total cycle cleaner is to get 2 bottles and cut it 50/50 with water to make 2 times as much. Works just as good as 100%. Rinse well and your good to go. Ben cutting it 50/50 for years and it leaves on unwanted residue.

I have not used S100 Engine Brightener, however if it is like S100 total cycle cleaner, which I have used, the trick is to rinse with copious amounts of water..rinse, rinse, rinse..and then some.

I don't know about dust, but spring time pollen in Georgia is very visible. My S100 treated engine doesn't seem to have attracted any more of it than my paint has.

It should dry out in a day or so by itself (unless it's garaged without riding for awhile). As far as dust, I don't think it attracts dust (like silicone sealant does) . I've put ArmorAll, and other silicone based products all over my John Deere tractor and it did not seem to collect dust. Made it easy to rinse (or blow) the grass off after mowing.

It should dry out in a day or so by itself (unless it's garaged without riding for awhile). As far as dust, I don't think it attracts dust (like silicone sealant does) . I've put ArmorAll, and other silicone based products all over my John Deere tractor and it did not seem to collect dust. Made it easy to rinse (or blow) the grass off after mowing.

Man it must be nice to own a tractor - If I had a tractor I'd put ArmorAll on it too. :):)

Bill

Man it must be nice to own a tractor - If I had a tractor I'd put ArmorAll on it too. :):)

Bill

It is nice, it's only a small lawn tractor though. Got a good deal on it at Home Cheapo about 7 yrs ago. It's garage kept so it still looks new, including the big yellow seat. I originally bought it so my wife could ride it and help me mow our acre lot.

But about a year ago the drive started to have a tendency to not grab sometimes starting out cold and you have to put it in neutral and double clutch it to get it everything lined up and in gear. So I was afraid it might grab with her and do a wheelie or something so I don't let her ride it anymore.

I don't have any problem with it, I know how to sense what's going on and it runs great. Fantastic mowing machine. I also have a push mower and a very well built 36" wide walk behind with a 14hp Kawasaki motor on it. Love my machines.

They used to call Harley's tractors in slang.
I do have a 1962 JD tractor and two Harleys.
Wow have we got of track.
S100 or pig spit. On a cold engine very very light mist. your done

I remember when they called them tractors and Hogs (before there was a HOG membership). All of us in school who could only afford Hondas just envied the heck out um. What we learned about them was from this one guy that rode a Sporster (his Dad rode a dresser Hog).

When he rode up before school everyone just kinda crowded around his bike, like all our Hondas just kinda were not even there. Just the way it was. Loved Harleys even before I had one.

I have a close friend up the road that also has a huge Farming type JD tractor that he restored to almost mint condition. Still green and yellow. It's a diesel and has some serious power. The tires on this thing are 6ft tall. It just sits in his shed. He cranks it up sometimes when I ride over to visit with him. (He's the same one that his brother had his sportster solen and recovered in Finland)

You won't go wrong with any of those engine solutions, just don't put a normal polish on a black engine, it will dry a tan color and you can't (aren't supposed to anyhow) buff the wrinkle finish with any success.

You guys say very light mist. I just picked some up for my 04 heritage that is looking like it has millions of tiny grey spots on the fins. The can says just spray it on and wipe excess of chrome etc. Very light mist...like spray paint? Can it be used on all black, such as plug wires, cases, plastic etc???

It is storming here today, so after work I am going to go at the bike. Washed it and garaged it yesterday so its ready for detailing!

Back