free website stats program S&S Filters and BelRay Dino Oil | Harley Davidson Forums

S&S Filters and BelRay Dino Oil

FXDL4ME

When I bought my 2014 Low Rider, used with only 2100 miles, part of the deal was free oil changes for life. Well, it's time for an oil change, so I called the shop (an independent dealership that deals in strictly HD) and asked what they use. I'm partial to Mobil One V-Twin. He told me that he's never liked synthetics, and they use BelRay mineral oil, and S&S filters. I was kinda shocked, really. Anyway, I have ZERO experience with either one of these products. Anyone use BelRay oil or S&S filters? What are your thoughts on using dino oil in a TC 103? With this deal I can change oil every 2500 miles, but I want something good in my engine for those 2500 miles!

I'm partial to Synthetic oil and use Mobil 1 V-twin myself. Bel Ray makes a quality product and have used it before but I have no experience using the S&S filter.

Bel Ray is a good product. Although I prefer synthetic oil, I'd have no problem using dino oil or S&S filters @2500 mile intervals.

Bel Ray is a quality product, I just put some gear saver in my 17 Freewheeler, it is Red like Redline, do not know a thing about S&S filters
S&S Cycle > Contact
Contact
Phone: 608-627-1497
Toll Free: 866-244-2673
S&S Cycle, Inc.
14025 County Hwy. G
Viola, Wisconsin 54664

or

PO Box 215
Viola, Wisconsin 54664

Customer Service and Technical Sales Hours:
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM (CST)
Phone: 608-627-149

You need to find out the micron rating which is very important by the way. The aftermarket filters are not the recommended 5 microns that the Harley factory filters are. So it your ride you decide. I would opt for synthetic type oil of any quality brand............

S&S filters have a nut on the end for easy installation and removal.Great for tight places like the Limited.Don't know the micron rating,but I used them in My last 2 bikes.Combined mileage of 65,000 miles.Dino oil has been used for the last 100 years on many high mileage vehicles and ships stock in most Harley's.

I have been using S and S filters for a couple years now with no ill effects and have 107,000+ miles on my 2006 EG, have always used Dino oil.

S&S filters have a nut on the end for easy installation and removal.Great for tight places like the Limited.Don't know the micron rating,but I used them in My last 2 bikes.Combined mileage of 65,000 miles.Dino oil has been used for the last 100 years on many high mileage vehicles and ships stock in most Harley's.

K&N filters have a built in nut. I've never seen then on S&S.

Free oil change and filter every 2500 miles = run the dino, just have it changed regularly.

You could always run it 2500 and send a sample to Blackstone or any reputable analysis co. They will recommend an interval to run it.

http://www.blackstone-labs.com/

Back