free website stats program S&S easy start cams | Harley Davidson Forums

S&S easy start cams

Bachcuss1956

Hello every one hope your doing well, back in July. Installed a stage 4 kit in. My 2008. Electraglide. With a 551. Easy start cams In happy with the upgrade,however I think that the easy start feature. Is noisy. starts at 2000 rpm is most loud at 2500rpm is gone at 3000rpm and beyond has any one else had same problem with. S&S easy start cams?

Welcome from So. Texas. In reading about the S&S cams they supposedly make a ticking sound at start up until around 1K rpm, also at shut down. This was according to their video on them on their web site.
tourbox

Could be the EZ starts, I guess, but many users and associated noise is not widely reported.

I would be more suspicious of the rocker shaft movement in the support plate; the rpm range is typical. Suggest that the OP pull the rocker shafts and look for witness marks on the shafts to confirm. If marks are there, install a set of Rocker Lockers and the noise will go away.

http://rockerlockers.com/

Hello every one hope your doing well, back in July. Installed a stage 4 kit in. My 2008. Electraglide. With a 551. Easy start cams In happy with the upgrade,however I think that the easy start feature. Is noisy. starts at 2000 rpm is most loud at 2500rpm is gone at 3000rpm and beyond has any one else had same problem with. S&S easy start cams?
I had S&S easy start 583s in my ‘08 Deluxe and my brother still runs them in his ‘08 Fatboy.We have never had the issues you describe.
There is a little tick (or click) when the engine is switched off( sometimes- not always) and I can’t recall any noise on startup-especially not over the myriad of noises these things make when you push that button. They worked exactly as it says on the box.
BTW, you would probably never get much better advice than Dolt’s- I’d be doing what he suggests.

Back