free website stats program S&S Carb Float lesson | Harley Davidson Forums

S&S Carb Float lesson

BOBFLHTC

I took my S&S carb off to rebuild my Top end and stored it on its side. When I went to put it back on my bike gas was flowing liberally from the Overflow tube when I turned the gas on. When I dropped the bowl to see what the problem was the Valve that is controlled by the Float was out of position. So the take away is if you remove your carb store it in a upright position. The good news is was a easy fix - Bob

I took my S&S carb off to rebuild my Top end and stored it on its side. When I went to put it back on my bike gas was flowing liberally from the Overflow tube when I turned the gas on. When I dropped the bowl to see what the problem was the Valve that is controlled by the Float was out of position. So the take away is if you remove your carb store it in a upright position. The good news is was a easy fix - Bob

Never turn a carb upside down my old man said:s

Sage advice. Its amazing how smart our parents get as we get older.

I was able to get it started but its running a little rough after the Top end rebuild. Is that normal after a rebuild ? I'm hopeing it a carb adjustment.

I have to tighten the Rocker boxes a little too as I was afraid the Middle box might move if I torqued the bolts to the reccomended 10-13 lbs and choose to do it a little at a time. They didn't shift when it was running so maybe I can go for it - Bob

you should do them a little at atime about half the spec and finish to the spec to loose can result in a leak plugs might be slightly fouled if to much gas was dumped in take it for a spin after u torg to spec and see how she runs that what i would do

Back