free website stats program S&S 106 with S&S 551 easy start cams SERT | Harley Davidson Forums

S&S 106 with S&S 551 easy start cams SERT

barttoday

Here's my build:
S&S 106"
S&S 551 Easy Start Cams (Torrington Bearings installed, of course)
Samson Cholo Long tail Exhaust w/ true dual headers
SE Stage 1 AC
SERT Super Tuner

Looking to do head work next winter to get the HP numbers up. But really happy w/ torque.

Attachments

• CB 106 Dyno 12509.pdf
    15.5 KB · Views: 528
Excellent! Did you do it yourself (except for the Dyno, of course)? Post pix of the process if you got them.

TQ

Yes, I did it myself, but I did not take pics of anything. I just labeled a lot of stuff to keep it straight. Put front cylinder items together in one spot, and rear in another, always put bolts back in the hole they came from etc... It took me 3 good days of work to do it working after work, but it was worth it and saved me about 1500 in installation costs. (Which I plan on spending on goodies for the pig) It's not hard, just tedious and you have to keep your head about you and be patient when working w/ the engine in the frame. (Not much clearance to work the torque wrench etc.) I'm going to catalogue my headwork when I do it and make a post next winter.

Yeah, pretty sure that's the cam. I may in the future (Next winter) when I do the heads swap it out for a hotter cam and see what she does. I should put a set of casters on the cholo's and test them out for wheelie bars!!! As far as the car towing yeah, my big rear end is approximately car weight so I am enjoying all the torque.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bart,
I use to live in El Paso Texas and the elevation there was very high. I see your graphs are "corrected" values. Is Amarillo (or where you did dyno pulls) above sea level and if so were your charts corrected to sea level.?

Not trying to be technical. I was just wondering.

Hoop

You know, I don't know if they were corrected to sea level or not. Amarillo is well above sea level (3605 ft.)

You know, I don't know if they were corrected to sea level or not. Amarillo is well above sea level (3605 ft.)

3605!! Man your air is thin. If you brought your bike down to Sea Level, it would pull BOTH wheels off the ground. The difference would amaze you.
You have Hidden HorsePower in your Engine.

Not telling you to sell your house & move but,,,
Just some rough numbers on what 3605 ft above sea level will do. You would have to strap a supercharger on your engine and run a boost pressure of 1.845 PSI just to be the equivalent of running your bike at sea level. That is a number that would affect you from idle to redline. That is a Big number..

Yep, it's the cam. The 551 cams were designed to deliver the best TQ available below 4000 rpm. They pull great where you spend 90% of your time riding. Head flow will help make a bit more TQ and HP but if you are hunting for top end numbers the 585 cams with 10-10.5:1 will be the answer for bolt-in easy start cams.

Nice torque curve Bart. very nice, bet she pulls real hard. Let us know who you decide for your headwork.

Back