free website stats program S&S 106" Build | Harley Davidson Forums

S&S 106" Build

hogrotten

Dyno sheet.jpg

S&S 106" Kit with EZ start 583 cams, stock heads and intake with Kuryaken A/C and Hooker longshots exhaust
90.31 HP and 110.64 Torque. :D

Well I had to turn my laptop sideways and then with my eyes it was hard to make out the fine print, but from what I can see I like the torque curve on that. That cam is sold by S&S correct ? The EZ-start I surmise is a compression release exhaust valve pin on the cam.

I heard good things about S&S, they are excellent rebuilders and re-placement suppliers. Only thing is (unless they've changed) you have to go thru the HD dealer to use them. They are not open to the average Joe sending his engine in.

I bought the 106" kit and the cams from J&P Cycles and had them installed at Chandler Custom Cycles here in AZ. the tune was done at Trask Performance in Phoenix. You can pack her down like a mule and she don't even know she's loaded. All she wants to do is eat! ; )

Good numbers and nice curve but I would think there's more in there someplace. Did the kit come with heads?

R_W_B, the ez cam has a spring-loaded lobe built into the heel of the exhaust lobe which ever so slightly opens the exhaust valve at cranking speed. Once it starts and reaches 700 or 800 rpm the lobe moves out of the way for normal operation.

Good numbers and nice curve but I would think there's more in there someplace. Did the kit come with heads?

Nope that is just the S&S 106" big bore kit, Probably will do the heads, bigger intake, and injectors in the future but I'm not after a race machine anyways and the new found torque makes it fun to ride,even two up ! :s

Nope that is just the S&S 106" big bore kit, Probably will do the heads, bigger intake, and injectors in the future but I'm not after a race machine anyways and the new found torque makes it fun to ride,even two up ! :s

That explains it. Harley heads are rather restrictive, even their "performance" style. The torque you'll love, nothing like feeling it come alive with a slight twist of the throttle. I'm running a 107 Axtell kit with heads and cams. Ain't nothing like it

Back