free website stats program S/E Compensator | Harley Davidson Forums

S/E Compensator

badge171

Bought my S/E compensator and locking tool today for my 09 Street Glide , any help, or tips on the removal or installation is greatly appreciated , Thanks

I did mine and it wasn't a big deal. I didn't have to remove my clutch as the chain was long enough so that made things easier.

Use the search function of this forum and you should find lots of helpful threads and posts.

Main challenge for me was getting the old compensator bolt off. Make sure you have a long breaker bar for this and the locking tool in place. Then use a torque wrench to put everything back on.

I just changed mine out to the SE Comp last weekend in my '09 Street Glide. Unless your side casing is different than mine, you will not be able to remove the rotor. This is due to the ridge on the inside of the casing. Your options are: loosen or remove the inner casing; or grind the lip away providing clearance for the rotor. I chose to grind.

Be sure to protect everything from the metal shavings and clean up afterwards. I used a vacuum as well as a magnet to remove all shavings.

Now that the casing is clearanced so the rotor can be easily removed, the job can be done in less than an hour from start to finish.

I was able to remove the Comp without removing the clutch. I did remove the spring tensioner. That left enough slack in the chain to be able to slip the Comp sprocket off the shaft and back on.

Good luck.
Jim

Back