free website stats program Rusty.. | Harley Davidson Forums

Rusty..

Safehaven

I just got nailed last week, we went for a benefit ride and after about 50 km the group stopped for a drink. 15 minutes later when I got back on the bike I noticed that it was difficult to move.. kicked the kickstand back out and sure, there was a 4 inch rusty nail straight through my tire!

Deflation must have been very gradual, or it must have just happened before we stopped, either way I am glad nothing happened. I figure I had at least 5000 km left on these wheels, it's a shame..

The repair guy said it could be fixed by changing the inner tube and leave the outer tire on since the carcass wasn't damaged, but I figure it just isn't worth the risk..

On the upside, bye bye dunlop and hello Metzlers!

It is rather strange that you picked up a nail "NOW"...usually it is proportional to how new the tire is...the newer the tire, the more likely you will get "nailed". You will like the Metzlers...! BTW, I love your "moving" avatar...LOL

Sorry to hear about your flat...turns a nice outing into frustration. You probably don't have any "Wal Mart" stores in Belgium, but can probably order one of these small compressor kits on-line (denniskirk.com). Adds a little insurance for future flats...Cheers!

Attachments

• Sm_Comp.jpg
    Sm_Comp.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 16
Thanks for the tip, I've bought myself a mini compressor set from airman and an 16oz bottle of slime :)

Bring on the nails!

Back