free website stats program Rush Slip ons | Harley Davidson Forums

Rush Slip ons

I know this has probably been covered a bunch at this wonderful site, but can anyone give me some helop on slip-ons? Been wanting to change the sound from stock mufflers to something with some loudness. when ordering the Rush slip-ons they have baffles
sizes that you can order. What is one that would sound good on a 2003 Road King? Is it the smaller the baffle the louder it gets. The bike is carbuerated and I am aware that it may have to be re jetted. Just wanting to get some ideas what would be best.

I know this has probably been covered a bunch at this wonderful site, but can anyone give me some helop on slip-ons? Been wanting to change the sound from stock mufflers to something with some loudness. when ordering the Rush slip-ons they have baffles
sizes that you can order. What is one that would sound good on a 2003 Road King? Is it the smaller the baffle the louder it gets. The bike is carbuerated and I am aware that it may have to be re jetted. Just wanting to get some ideas what would be best.

I bought some used Rush slip on's a couple of weeks ago. I did a little homework and read about the 1.5" to 2.5" baffles. The guy I bought them from said they weren't loud enough, so he went with V&H. I measured the baffle diameter and they are 1.5". I put them on, took a ride and took them off. They are too loud for me, and have a "riding in a culvert" echo. JMO, shows how different opinions about mufflers are. I will give them another try.
I am happy with the quality of the mufflers, no seams, good chrome, heavy gauge metal. Sloppy welds on the mounting lugs though.

Rush are a good choice, guess thats why the dealers are pushing them over S E

I have 2" rush slip ons and I love them. but not everyone has the same likes. I would suggest going to a biker event where there are lots of bikes and have people start their bikes for you. thats what I did.

I have the 1" 1/2 and have no probs. Can still hear the tunes. I did pull the packing out of the baffles for a little deeper sound. I'm hoping that removing the wrapping on the baffles won't over heat and blue the mufflers, so far they still look good.

My Road King came with the Rush Slip on's with slash up cuts. Look and sound great. Since I did not purchase them, does anyone have an easy way of knowing what size baffle is in them?

Back