free website stats program Rush slip-ons | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rush slip-ons

Sharpscuba, thanks. I'm way up north on the big lake. Its a toss up between the 2" and 1.75. touring bikes have a longer muffler and I think a bit quiter for the same size baffle. I have listen to rush's web site and do like the deeper tone of the 2". My son is ROTC airforce

I ride up to park falls alot in the summer. A buddy has a place we ride up to.
Thank your son for me. I am very pro military as you can see by my picture of my son. He is home right now but heading back to the land of rock and desert. But back to the pipes...everyone that I ride with tell me they like the sound.

Well I went with Rush 2" slip ons and they sound great. I was only able to fire it up for a very short time. Its winter and it made it up to a whole 39 degrees. Enough for me to start it up. A whole lot quiteter than the Kromwerks hps that I had before. My wife may even ride with me now

I had Rush 2" on my Heritage. I didn't like the tone and they were a little too loud for my tastes.

I struggled with 1.5 and 1.75 and went with 1.5. They were fine but I think I would've been quite happy with the 1.75. The 1.5 are just louder than stock on idle but a bit of a rap on accel. I think the 1.75 would've been the happy medium.

But my wife liked the 1.5 if that helps.

same for me with the rush 1.75,...? I just bought a 2002 dyna low rider, its a quiet one. I checked prices at the dealers, and stopped in a H-D performance shop in Mauston Wi. he let me hear the 1.75's on a bike,...just what im looking for. hope this helps

Anybody have an opinon on rush 1.75 slip ons. I had kromewerks hp and found that they were to loud and my wife refused to ride with me. I put the stock pipes on as I had brought the bike home from the dealer with the kromewerks on. I had no idea that the new pipes were that quite. Anyway i've been looking at Rush 1.75 baffles. Let me know what you think.
I have the same situatuion. I called Khrome Werks and asked if there is anything I can do to lower the decibels.The Khrome Werks engineer (helpfull guy) said to put a threaded rod about 8 inches through the baffle with a 1" fender washer and locking nut on each side of the rod. He said this will reflect sound back somewhat and reduce the volume 1 or 2 decibels without effecting performance. I have not tried it yet but am contemplating if it is worth it. I may just go for a pair of SE mufflers. Not sure… I believe you will find RUSH 1.75 and up very similiar to the Khrome Werks in regards to volume.

I have the same situatuion. I called Khrome Werks and asked if there is anything I can do to lower the decibels.The Khrome Werks engineer (helpfull guy) said to put a threaded rod about 8 inches through the baffle with a 1" fender washer and locking nut on each side of the rod. He said this will reflect sound back somewhat and reduce the volume 1 or 2 decibels without effecting performance. I have not tried it yet but am contemplating if it is worth it. I may just go for a pair of SE mufflers. Not sure… I believe you will find RUSH 1.75 and up very similiar to the Khrome Werks in regards to volume.

This works pretty good, home made splitters if you will, Jack

I have the Rush 2" slip-ons and they sound good but then again, louder would have been cool too. I am like you in that I didn't want it too loud....I guess it depends on what you want too.

This works pretty good, home made splitters if you will, Jack

I made the Mod. It worked!! Just lowered the volume enough to take the edge off. Maybe 2 decibels I would guess. Sound is the same nice low tone. They still have plenty bark if I get on them but cruising around is not pounding my ears as before. The bike feels the same so, if performance took a hit it was negligible.

I have the 1.75's but wanted them to be a bit louder. I cut them in half and reinstalled them and it's just right.....

I put Rush slip-ons on my 09 CVO Fat Bob. I think they were the 2" version. Absolutely perfect sound to my ears. I don't like excessive loudness. I would say they were a 6 on a scale of 1 to 10 (loudness). There was however a tarnishing problem. Right at the point were the muffler begins. The muffler would get a satin look in that area. I installed 3 sets and they all did it. I wasn't by myself either. I loved the looks and I loved the sound but no way I could live with the tarnishing. Anyone expierence this problem? If I thought it was resolved I'd by another set in a heartbeat.
Gary

Back