Rush slip-ons

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by Heck52, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Heck52

Heck52 Member

Anybody have an opinon on rush 1.75 slip ons. I had kromewerks hp and found that they were to loud and my wife refused to ride with me. I put the stock pipes on as I had brought the bike home from the dealer with the kromewerks on. I had no idea that the new pipes were that quite. Anyway i've been looking at Rush 1.75 baffles. Let me know what you think.

2. Mattman4403

Mattman4403 Junior Member

The Rush 1.75 is probably a good middle ground for you. If do want to change one way or the other, you can always just change the baffels out for a different size.

3. doj1975

doj1975 Active Member

I have the rush slip-ons with 2" baffles. I like them a lot. Good deep rumble but can still hear the tunes just fine.
    [​IMG]

4. harley@16

harley@16 Junior Member

go to you tube and search "rush slip-ons exhaust" I found a bunch of posts of different baffles on different bikes.

5. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Heck52; have you looked at/heard of Big City Thunder baffles? They have an original "loud" baffle & a new "quiet" baffle available for stock & after-market pipes. You could put them in either pipe to get the sound you & your wife can tolerate...:s

Here's their website: Big City Thunder - Are You Baffled?

6. Heck52

Heck52 Member

Iceman24 never heard of them. I gave my kromewerks to my brother, he has a 2009 streetbob. He loves them. All the dealers in the area only carry 2" in Rush slip ons. They say that they sound much like the old Screaming eagle pipes. I did like the deep sound of the kromewerks but they pounded on my ears. I have been to rushes web site and listen to the sound bites and the ones on youtube. Dealer has a softtail custom with 2" baffles so I'll go listen.

7. sharpscuba

sharpscuba Banned

Heck 52 I have the rush in the 2"and I really enjoy them. Like DOL1975 said nice sound but not where you can not hear the tunes. Where are you located up north? If it was a bit warmer and no salt on the road I would let you hear for yourself.

8. Heck52

Heck52 Member

Sharpscuba, thanks. I'm way up north on the big lake. Its a toss up between the 2" and 1.75. touring bikes have a longer muffler and I think a bit quiter for the same size baffle. I have listen to rush's web site and do like the deeper tone of the 2". My son is ROTC airforce

9. Drumrguy

Drumrguy Account Removed

I have Rush slip-ons with 2 1/4" baffles and I love them, got a nice sound to them.

10. JPHOG

JPHOG Active Member

rush slip on is what i have on my bike sound great!