free website stats program Rush slip-ons | Harley Davidson Forums

Rush slip-ons

Heck52

Anybody have an opinon on rush 1.75 slip ons. I had kromewerks hp and found that they were to loud and my wife refused to ride with me. I put the stock pipes on as I had brought the bike home from the dealer with the kromewerks on. I had no idea that the new pipes were that quite. Anyway i've been looking at Rush 1.75 baffles. Let me know what you think.

The Rush 1.75 is probably a good middle ground for you. If do want to change one way or the other, you can always just change the baffels out for a different size.

I have the rush slip-ons with 2" baffles. I like them a lot. Good deep rumble but can still hear the tunes just fine.
WAP.gif

go to you tube and search "rush slip-ons exhaust" I found a bunch of posts of different baffles on different bikes.

Heck52; have you looked at/heard of Big City Thunder baffles? They have an original "loud" baffle & a new "quiet" baffle available for stock & after-market pipes. You could put them in either pipe to get the sound you & your wife can tolerate...:s

Here's their website: Big City Thunder - Are You Baffled?

Iceman24 never heard of them. I gave my kromewerks to my brother, he has a 2009 streetbob. He loves them. All the dealers in the area only carry 2" in Rush slip ons. They say that they sound much like the old Screaming eagle pipes. I did like the deep sound of the kromewerks but they pounded on my ears. I have been to rushes web site and listen to the sound bites and the ones on youtube. Dealer has a softtail custom with 2" baffles so I'll go listen.

Heck 52 I have the rush in the 2"and I really enjoy them. Like DOL1975 said nice sound but not where you can not hear the tunes. Where are you located up north? If it was a bit warmer and no salt on the road I would let you hear for yourself.

Sharpscuba, thanks. I'm way up north on the big lake. Its a toss up between the 2" and 1.75. touring bikes have a longer muffler and I think a bit quiter for the same size baffle. I have listen to rush's web site and do like the deeper tone of the 2". My son is ROTC airforce

Back