free website stats program Rush Slip-ons backfire | Harley Davidson Forums

Rush Slip-ons backfire

DGliderider

I have an 06 Streetglide with stock motor, Rush 2.25 slipons, an Arlen Ness Big Sucker, and a Power Commander. I had my local HD dealer install and Dyno tune. Bike performs great but backfires pretty bad on decelleration.
Should I go with a richer mixture or think about a different exhaust?

I have an 06 Streetglide with stock motor, Rush 2.25 slipons, an Arlen Ness Big Sucker, and a Power Commander. I had my local HD dealer install and Dyno tune. Bike performs great but backfires pretty bad on decelleration.
Should I go with a richer mixture or think about a different exhaust?

If your HD service tech. did all the work & dyno'd it,there should not be any "pretty bad backfiring"!!!!!! Sounds to me your problem might be the service dept. not with your mod. choices !!! Before changing anything,make sure all the nuts and bolts are tight. What kind of report does the dyno show before & after??

If your HD service tech. did all the work & dyno'd it,there should not be any "pretty bad backfiring"!!!!!! Sounds to me your problem might be the service dept. not with your mod. choices !!! Before changing anything,make sure all the nuts and bolts are tight. What kind of report does the dyno show before & after??

Im with you if it was recently done back to the dealer it should go and let them retune.. post the dyno sheet if you can

problem is a Dyno is only as good as the guy running it and a lot of em aren't worth a well you get the idea....

A backfire on decel is unburn't fuel ,they have richened you up too much

JMO but I think the 2.25" baffles are a little too wide open for your setup. You can buy different baffles for the Rush...you might consider something that will give you a little more backpressure. Possibly, even a different size on the right and left.
Try these folks and ask them what they have to offer.
Fuel Moto USA

Last edited:
JMO but I think the 2.25" baffles are a little too wide open for your setup. You can buy different baffles for the Rush...you might consider something that will give you a little more backpressure. Possibly, even a different size on the right and left.
Try these folks and ask them what they have to offer.
Fuel Moto USA

I agree there, try a 1 1/2' in the left side and at the most a 2" in the right side, even better a 1 3/4" in the right side.

I had the same problem on my 01 Road King . I had 2.25 baffles in Python slip ons , Stage 1 Air Filter and Power commander , switched to 1.75 baffles and all the popping is gone .

I have Rush with the 1.75; SERT tuned. No backfire. I did try the PC3 -- they have to bypass the 02 sensors -- LOTS OF POPPING.

Back