free website stats program rush baffles | Harley Davidson Forums

rush baffles

blues821

I have rush slip-on on my RKC ,with the 1 1/2 baffles Ive already pulled the baffles out and removed the glass packing so my thought is , ive heard or read that you can take the baffle out and cut it down or shortin it and it will fattin up your tone and increase volume .....anyone done this ??? is this statement true???? i wouldnt mind have a touch more sound but dont want to screw my mufflers up .. i can weld so putting the baffles back together is not a concern any thought??
thx keith

I'm not sure which model slip-ons you have, here's what I got back from Rush when I was checking them out.
"Les, Our 15 series mufflers (15302 slash up and 15304 baloney cut) will fit your 2009 Street Glide although a 2.50” baffle would not be suggested, they are not compatible with a fuel injected motorcycle. The best choice for performance and sound would be 1.75” or 2.00” both create considerable more volume and tone in comparison to a stock muffler. Noticeable performance gains will require fuel management."​

I went with the 15304 baloney cut, and the 2" baffles. Deep tone, nice bark when you open the throttle, ZERO buyrer's remorse.

I'd say get the larger baffles, or what the hey, cut 'em down.

Let us all know how it goes.

Bone

Back