free website stats program Rush baffles | Harley Davidson Forums

Rush baffles

I installed Rush slip-ons with 1.75 baffles (in both pipes) on my '07 Ultra with no other mods other than a remap when bike was newer for a light ping. Bike runs great as is with no popping or pinging and I am planning on a stage 1 soon but I want to make sure I get the sound I want first. One pipe developed a squeek and the other a rattle. I pulled both baffles and found the packing partially gone on one side and what ever they use to wrap it was gone on the other side. I rewrapped both baffles with the old matting and the pipes sound quite a bit louder due to some of the packing not going all the way around the baffle. My question is (finally!): I want to replace both baffles with a 2.00 on the left and a 1.75 on the right and wondering how much louder it would be and if it would still have enough back pressure to run for awhile without a stage 1 or would it be too lean? Any help is appreciated!

Sounds like it will work to me. There is so little flow coming out of the left pipe due to the 90 degree + connector, that a bigger baffle might even the sound out. I have a set of used Rush slip ons (1.5"baffles) that I ran for one day. I didn't like the sound. Anyhow, I noticed that after a 5 mile neighor hood ride, I can put my hand on the left exh. header by the pass. footboard with no burning. I can't even touch the right muffler tip without getting burned. Then, when changing the slip ons again, I started it up with the left muffler off, and the right one on. In the garage it wasn't that loud.
Question; when you pulled the Rush baffles, was there any contact areas between baffle and muffler other than where the bolts go into the baffles collar? I read a thread somewhere where a guy ruined his baffle trying to get it out of an older pipe (like mine). :dknow

Last edited:
Back