free website stats program Running without the Exhaust | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Running without the Exhaust

Yes, standing on the side of the road would be fine. Very exciting ride for the rider, no doubt.

I would possibly be a wee bit further back as if the battery explodes and takes the gas tank with it being at the side of the road may just be a bit too close to the action :s

Brian

Wow..That would be great for the cold wether..:s

I had a Honda 550 4, notorious for crumby pipes so I hacksawed them off and since I was very poor used to hang my boots over the ends to warm them up to get the 45 miles home from work. Even then fire could be seen coming out in the night.

I had a Honda 550 4, notorious for crumby pipes so I hacksawed them off and since I was very poor used to hang my boots over the ends to warm them up to get the 45 miles home from work. Even then fire could be seen coming out in the night.

That even sounds cold...I bet you dont miss that..:)

I he takes his pipes off and tries to run straight out of the exhaust port, he will have a lot more problems than just bad pipes. At the very least warped valves.

That even sounds cold...I bet you dont miss that..:)

Sure don't... but it wasn't just me I think there were 4 of us that rode most of the year. I can still remember those guys laughing at my "pipes" they were a sight in the night. Funny thing is I haven't thought of that bike for years. Rode the daylights out of it and never changed the oil. I eventually put Supertrap 4 into 1s on and sold it for $350.

Exhaust is in place for a reason...running without will definitely cause more damage than getting replacement pipes. Tell your friend to get the bike fixed properly b/c going w/o pipes will probably cost an engine rebuild (at the very least).

That was the first bike I was taught on! However, it did have it's pipes intact!

Cheers!

Cold air on very hot valves and heads, no back pressure, no good. Cracked heads and warped exhaust valves for sure.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Back