free website stats program Running Too Lean | Harley Davidson Forums

Running Too Lean

Status
Not open for further replies.

colder

hello,

How do you know if your bike is running too lean? I've heard that you could end up with holes in your pistons...Will a dino test tell me?

Colder

The 07 are running on the edge. You dont want to change nothing on them without getting fuel remap.:D

hello,

How do you know if your bike is running too lean? I've heard that you could end up with holes in your pistons...Will a dino test tell me?

Colder
Welcome! What Model and year bike are we talking about?
Modifications?
Your gonna know you've got a problem way before you burn a hole in a piston. When you accelerate is it smooth or ruff with popping and backfiring? Spark plugs will be the easiest to read at home, they should be a light tan color, Black is rich, white is lean.
And yes a Good Dyno Tuner can use a Dyno to tell if your motor is lean.

Pssst guys, did you look at the date on the origional post:D (over a year ago):hii
I'm sure by now he probably burnt a hole in the piston.

Welcome! What Model and year bike are we talking about?
Modifications?
Your gonna know you've got a problem way before you burn a hole in a piston. When you accelerate is it smooth or ruff with popping and backfiring? Spark plugs will be the easiest to read at home, they should be a light tan color, Black is rich, white is lean.
And yes a Good Dyno Tuner can use a Dyno to tell if your motor is lean.

PC is absolutley correct. Look at your plugs, they will tell the story: white is lean, juicy black is rich and heroin light brown is correct.

Well...he probably decided he wouldn't enter his 2nd post until he got an answer to his first! :D

Soooo....the 2nd post should be coming right up!

Lets say this problem has been solved,so we can close the thread now guys.Thanks for all reply :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back