free website stats program Running rough | Harley Davidson Forums

Running rough

rollo3076

My friend has a problem with his 07 eg ultra. It has a rough idle, and only idles at about 500 or 600 rpms. When he takes off, it spits and sputters so bad he has to ride the clutch til he gets moving good. The engine sometimes dies on him coming up to a stop when he pulls in the clutch. Seems to do this hot or cold, but, mostly after its warmed up a bit. Once on the road it runs good. One dealer replaced fuel lines,( didn't say which) still there, another told him it was the fuel filter, maybe. It has thrown a code, p0126, which the mechanic cleared and test drove it says maybe a fuel filter. The bike is stock, no after market at all. Any ideas would be appreciated as the dealer doesnt think its a problem. May not be, but its annoying anyway. Thanks for the help and for this site, love it.

My friend has a problem with his 07 eg ultra. It has a rough idle, and only idles at about 500 or 600 rpms. When he takes off, it spits and sputters so bad he has to ride the clutch til he gets moving good. The engine sometimes dies on him coming up to a stop when he pulls in the clutch. Seems to do this hot or cold, but, mostly after its warmed up a bit. Once on the road it runs good. One dealer replaced fuel lines,( didn't say which) still there, another told him it was the fuel filter, maybe. It has thrown a code, p0126, which the mechanic cleared and test drove it says maybe a fuel filter. The bike is stock, no after market at all. Any ideas would be appreciated as the dealer doesnt think its a problem. May not be, but its annoying anyway. Thanks for the help and for this site, love it.

http://www.hdtimeline.com/archive/t-2362.html

Thanks gentlemen, we got it I think. He cleaned the idle control like you said, and it purred like a kitten. Thanks to all.

Back