free website stats program Running rough at low speed | Harley Davidson Forums

Running rough at low speed

CREDEATION

Hey anybody,need some help! I have a 2003 Ultra Classic,fuel injected that sometimes runs rough,like it is running out of gas. It does not do it all the time,sometimes it may go over a 100 miles wothout messing up. It seems to do it at low speeds and when I am taking off and slowing down. I have changed the fuel line from the tank to the injectors,changed the fuel injector wiring harness,and changed plugs. This started about two months ago. I am getting no error codes to get me started in the right area.
The wiring harness did need changing, because the wires were getting brittle.
Thanks,
CREDEATION

If I was troubleshooting that type of problem, the first thing I would check would be fuel pump pressure at both idle and under load. Without the proper PSI your not going anywhere.

Low fuel pressure to injectors, due to rub hole in fuel line inside the tank. My 03 RK had same issues recently.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Any noise coming from rh lower side? Could be cam issue, But Glider is correct I had intake leak that caused same problem.

Hit intake it with WD 40 while running see if blue smoke comes out exhaust

do you have the 5 degree injectors? HD had a "suggested change" and installed 27.5 degree injectors. The 5 would cause the issue you are having I know becouse I had the same problem you are having and someone told me and turned out my extended warranty covered the whole cost of 200.00.Look into it.

Back