free website stats program running problems | Harley Davidson Forums

running problems

2006 dyna couple days ago started miss firing the more you ride the worse it gets.gets to the point have all I can do to get it home. first few miles its fine. then progressibly gets worse. only have 26'000 miles on it. new plugs & plug wires. always use hight test fuel, name brands,not the cheap crap. no codes are coming up ethier. I do my maintance more regular than most people. don't beat the crap out of it ethier. don't know if its electrical or fuel related. it all started out missing only on long grades,high speed now after a few miles its all the time. don't really want to take to Harley shop. any help would be great.thanks harleymantrikester

2006 dyna couple days ago started miss firing the more you ride the worse it gets.gets to the point have all I can do to get it home. first few miles its fine. then progressibly gets worse. only have 26'000 miles on it. new plugs & plug wires. always use hight test fuel, name brands,not the cheap crap. no codes are coming up ethier. I do my maintance more regular than most people. don't beat the crap out of it ethier. don't know if its electrical or fuel related. it all started out missing only on long grades,high speed now after a few miles its all the time. don't really want to take to Harley shop. any help would be great.thanks harleymantrikester

When's the last time it had the fuel filter changed?

Running rough. Does it die at idle? If so, I would check out the posts on cleaning the IAC.

In my experience, if cleaning the IAC solves the problem, it is probably advisable to just change it out. When my '03 UC started having problems with the IAC, I would have to clean it about every 2-3 mos. Finally just got fed up and replaced it!!! No more reoccurring problem with it. But I also eliminated the oil mist dump into the intake!!!

Cheers,

TQ

This is what TQ is referring to.

As suggested try clean the IAC. Remove the air cleaner so the throttle opening is exposed. Stick a small rag in against the butterfly, look at about 12 o'clock in the throttle snout, you should see a hole. spray some good carb cleaner in the hole and that should clean out all the oily gunk that gets in there.

Depending on how dirty it is you may want to repeat the cleaning process a couple of times.

Back