free website stats program running just a little rich | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

running just a little rich

One last suggestion to make an effort to tune the carb. 29mpg indicates a rich condition and if too rich, you could be washing the cylinder walls which will not help the break in process.

know of a diagram showing which part is what so i'll know what to do with your instructions?

carburators are not my thing,i'm going to deal with it until break in is complete and then have it dyno tuned with a thunderslide kit if it fouls a plug i'll start to worry
fuel mileage is not good at all i ?might? be getting 29mpg

IF you would Please ; Figure Exact mileage out on a good NORMAL ride. Start out with a Full tank of gas and go to the next fill,,,, regardless of the amount of miles, trying for about 100 would work fine...THEN check mileage. IF you are getting about 40, You are good. Even 35 will not be toooo rich BUT 29 is awful rich.(and you are Guessing)

Just My Way

signed....BUBBIE

And here is a site that explains the tuning process. I would however NOT Recommend Drilling the slide like they discuss. It can lead to bigger issues and cannot be reversed once done.

CV Carb Mods

I agree with NOT drilling the slide because it will give you a lean surge in cooler temps with sudden throttle openings and will add that the best it will run and best MPG will be with the stock slide properly jetted. Don't buy into that thunder slide kit.

+1 on the thunder slide, had one on my '92 flhtc, it did not work

Back