free website stats program Run-turn-brake | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Run-turn-brake

I ride with a buddy who has an 08 streetglide and he has the same setup his brake/running lights on all time and it's hard to tell when he's braking,if he's turning i can see well but just braking hard to tell.......not a big fan of that particular mod. I prefer the one that when the brake is applied the turn signals (with reds lens) come on with brake light.much more noticeable to catch the eye. Just my opinion

I put that controller on my Deuce just after I bought her. Then, 2 years ago, I changed the stock tail light to the HD LED light. I can see a distinct difference in the brightness when I use the signals/brakes.

Mainestreetglide; Does your module have heat shrink covering the components or is it a totally sealed unit? H.D. has changed them from the former to the latter, and I think the new ones have better light levels. I want to get a run/turn/stop module, but keep reading about the brightness problem. I know there's at least 3 other brands, but they are more than H.D.'s.

I checked mine last night. The main brake light has a big difference, the turn signals have marginal difference. I still think it is okay since I now have two more red runnign lights and you can definitely tell when the main brake light comes on even if the two others aren't as noticeable.

It might be that you did it different in that you retained the standard brake tail light when you added the mod. Most riders I think "pitch" the standard incandescent light one for aftermarket LED type by Küryakyn and others...yeah, yeah another $125 to $150, but JMO. :s

as said they dont get much brighter unless you add the LED stoplight

NEWHD74FAN & Bud White, are you talking about changing the original stop/tail light or the directionals (which are now also stop/tail lights) to LED? If it's the original stop/tail, I'm confused on why changing that light to LED would impact the new stop/tail setup for the directionals.

Mainestreetglide; Does your module have heat shrink covering the components or is it a totally sealed unit? H.D. has changed them from the former to the latter, and I think the new ones have better light levels. I want to get a run/turn/stop module, but keep reading about the brightness problem. I know there's at least 3 other brands, but they are more than H.D.'s.

Breeze3at, I'll check it out sometime this weekend and let you know.

I had the run brake mod and wasent very happy with it so I picked up a drag spec. turn brake mod that makes the turn signals light up only when the brake comes on . put red lenses in the turn signals and now everyone sees that brake light!

MainStreetGlide, the LED version of the stock "looking" taillight (that illuminates the license plate as well) is VERY much brighter ESPECIALLY when braking and yet draws 1/2 the amount of current of the standard stock incandescent one. Many of your new bikes AND cages are running them because of the greater efficiency, brightness and extremely LONG LIFE (may be 10x or more than bulbs which last only 3-5 years or so (like the headlight, the low level light filament runs all the time so is the 1st to go out).

NEWHD74FAN & Bud White, are you talking about changing the original stop/tail light or the directionals (which are now also stop/tail lights) to LED? If it's the original stop/tail, I'm confused on why changing that light to LED would impact the new stop/tail setup for the directionals.

Breeze3at, I'll check it out sometime this weekend and let you know.

Sorry it took so long to follow up on this but here's a pic...

Attachments

• RTB.jpg
    RTB.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 21
That's the same mod I just installed on my Dyna. I have never really stopped to consider how much diff there is between run and brake, but I know there is a diff you can see, cause I check to make sure my lights function ok from time to time.

I prefer the difference of dim/bright instead of off/on. I do my best to be seen. Would love to add the LED tail when I can :)

There is also a tail/brake light kit you can add to a sissy bar ( 59470-06 and 59429-04 ) that I have considered.

Back