free website stats program Run-turn-brake | Harley Davidson Forums

Run-turn-brake

EnjoyingTheRyde

I added the HD run/turn/brake module to my wifes 09 1200 custom. The lights are VERY bright in running light mode but don't brighten much more when the brake is applied. Is this typical or is there a problem with too much power going to them when in runnning light mode.

You can see these lights for miles...

Not sure if there is a problem. I have just installed this on my Road Glide and there seems to be a definite increase in brightness when I hit the brake. Wish I could help you more.

If I remember correctly, there was only one way to plug the module in. The light does get brighter with the brake but not much.

It might be that you did it different in that you retained the standard brake tail light when you added the mod. Most riders I think "pitch" the standard incandescent light one for aftermarket LED type by Küryakyn and others...yeah, yeah another $125 to $150, but JMO. :s

It might be that you did it different in that you retained the standard brake tail light when you added the mod. Most riders I think "pitch" the standard incandescent light one for aftermarket LED type by Küryakyn and others...yeah, yeah another $125 to $150, but JMO. :s

I did keep the original tail/brake light. Just added the mod to make the original directionals work for all three, R/T/B.

I had a bud that added that controller and I refused to ride behind him because the running light looked like the brake light all the time. Can't tell you how many times I hit my brakes because I thought he was stopping. Didn't like it at all. Very little difference between the running and brake light.

I had a bud that added that controller and I refused to ride behind him because the running light looked like the brake light all the time. Can't tell you how many times I hit my brakes because I thought he was stopping. Didn't like it at all. Very little difference between the running and brake light.

Sounds like it may be the nature of the beast, I just want to make sure I'm not going to burn anything up... the wife would not be impressed with me.

I do this mod on all my bikes , and have no issues with the brightness of the brake lite , perhaps you might want to just get a new bulb , I also add a brake lite flasher module to all my rear brake lites , when you apply the brakes the brake lite will flash 5 to 6 times then go to steady burn for as long as you apply the brakes its a $15.00 cost to due, this to me is a upgrade that everyone should due , you might not think its not an important upgrade ,but then again maybe you have never been hit from behind on your bike and dragged 800 ft under a car doing 85-90 MPH, and the drunk driver tells the cop I did not even see him.the other thing is I see a lot of guys here upgrade there head lite to a better bulb so they can see , well then ask yourself why would you not want to upgrade to be seen from behind.

Was riding behind a couple awhile back and they had that set up - was wondering what it was. I was very impressed with the visibility the tail light function added - it really stood out from quite a distance. Didn't notice any problems with the brake lights - got my attention fine but maybe it was mostly the middle light that I saw.

Back