free website stats program run stop switch | Harley Davidson Forums

run stop switch

bubbacat

can anyone help me I'm at my wits end > I have a 83 Shovel -Lowrider and my Harley ignition took a dump so I put in a Dayton twin tech ignition and I cut all the Harley ignition wires out and just used the new ignitions wire > my problem is I lost my run stop switch on the controls and I took it apart and there is just 3 wires a white and a grey and a black .can anyone tell me how to hook it back up so I can shut off engine from the bars instead of the key :)
thanks for any advice I could sure use some

The white should go to the the coil to give power to the original ECM. The grey should be coming from the Ign. circuit breaker. The black should go to the starter relay. There should be a white jumper from the Run/Kill switch to the Starter button..
tourbox

thnx tourbox > thats what i did wrong i ran the new ignition from one of my relays instead of the white wire coming out of the run/stop wiring . i feel kinda stupid cause i didnt put 2 and 2 togeather . i musta had a hard nite tipping em back lol thank you so much for your help
god bless and ride save

thanks to everyone who helped and also ones who couldnt i appreciate it very much > sometimes we over look the obvious things or just have a Brain Fart lol

Back