free website stats program Rubber Muffler Hangers Keep Working Out | Harley Davidson Forums

Rubber Muffler Hangers Keep Working Out

RibEye

The rubber inserts in the mufler hangers on my '03 RKC keep working their way out. Is this common? If I put in new ones, would they stay, or do I need to secure them some way?

Enjoy,
Rich P

Never experienced them working their way out but they are just a few bucks give it a try.

RibEye; they're probably worn - time to replace.

Agree here and add some silicone lube to the rubbers then they will not squeak and last longer as the silicone will keep the rubber lubed:s

Thank you gentlemen. I have a new set, to go along with my complete redoing of my exhaust system installation (seals, retaining rings, torca clamps, hanger rubber inserts). I will install them when I go in to check my cam chain tensioners (within a the next few weeks). That will be another area of the scoot I will know has been done right.

For now, I just fed the inserts back in and used a little safety wire to retain them. I only have a part of Sundays to do work on the scoot, so that will have to do for now...

Enjoy,
Rich P

Thank you gentlemen. I have a new set, to go along with my complete redoing of my exhaust system installation (seals, retaining rings, torca clamps, hanger rubber inserts). I will install them when I go in to check my cam chain tensioners (within a the next few weeks). That will be another area of the scoot I will know has been done right.

For now, I just fed the inserts back in and used a little safety wire to retain them. I only have a part of Sundays to do work on the scoot, so that will have to do for now...

Enjoy,
Rich P

Sounds like a solid plan let us know how it turns out:)

I found w/ monster os the metal bar that slides into the rubber is thicker & it pulled mine out of the holder on rt side. Any one that runs M/Os id check um once & awhile...

Back