Rubber Muffler Hangers Keep Working Out

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by RibEye, Apr 9, 2011.

1. RibEye

RibEye Junior Member Contributor

The rubber inserts in the mufler hangers on my '03 RKC keep working their way out. Is this common? If I put in new ones, would they stay, or do I need to secure them some way?

Enjoy,
    Rich P

2. Poser

Poser Member

Never experienced them working their way out but they are just a few bucks give it a try.

3. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

RibEye; they're probably worn - time to replace.

4. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Agree here and add some silicone lube to the rubbers then they will not squeak and last longer as the silicone will keep the rubber lubed:s

5. HOLY DIVER

HOLY DIVER Junior Member

i agree replace them.lube them.....no more problems...i used dow corning 111 silicone lube

6. RibEye

RibEye Junior Member Contributor

Thank you gentlemen. I have a new set, to go along with my complete redoing of my exhaust system installation (seals, retaining rings, torca clamps, hanger rubber inserts). I will install them when I go in to check my cam chain tensioners (within a the next few weeks). That will be another area of the scoot I will know has been done right.

For now, I just fed the inserts back in and used a little safety wire to retain them. I only have a part of Sundays to do work on the scoot, so that will have to do for now...

Enjoy,
    Rich P

7. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Sounds like a solid plan let us know how it turns out:)

8. fisherman124

fisherman124 Active Member

sounds like they are split , shouldnt work there way out

9. ultrat

ultrat Senior Member Contributor

I found w/ monster os the metal bar that slides into the rubber is thicker & it pulled mine out of the holder on rt side. Any one that runs M/Os id check um once & awhile...