free website stats program Rubber Bumpers away | Harley Davidson Forums

Rubber Bumpers away

gs34

I have never really been a fan of the rubber and chrome bumper that adorned the front and rear fender of my EG Classic. :eam
So, last night, in a fit of boredom, :coffee I went down to the garage and took them off. Replaced the rear, which ties to the bag supports, with the fender brace from a Road King (91140-04).
Looks much better to me. :newsmile106: Cleaned things up more to my liking. Now, all I need is some decent riding weather. :small3d009:
This 20* stuff with ice on the roads is getting mighty mighty old! :newsmile078:

I went down to the garage and took them off. Replaced the rear, which ties to the bag supports, with the fender brace from a Road King (91140-04).

Very smart move with installing the fender brace underneath. If you don't use that piece, the muffler supports will break off where they turn up into the fender struts from vibration and bouncing around and need to be replaced if you run without it.

Awww man!! It's cold and dark down there. :panicThe bike's still on the jack, the garage's a mess, and you want pictures! :wall

Awww man!! It's cold and dark down there. :panicThe bike's still on the jack, the garage's a mess, and you want pictures! :wall

Don't forget friend came in from out of town .. i got a flat tire

Wah, wah, wah. I braved a cold garage for pictures of my oil temp adapter. It's just one of the sacrifices you have to make to belong to this fine community!

YEAH! We need pics. Put on your slippers and get out there :rofl

Even better, we need a pic of that brace too. :D

OK, you shamed me into it.
P1010050.jpg

P1010052.jpg

You can see the fender brace if you look carefully
P1010050-1.jpg

You can see the fender brace if you look carefully
P1010050-1.jpg

Even with a magnifying glass I couldn't see it :D

Now get back out there and get a good pic of that brace! :lolrolling

It's the shiney piece in the center, sticking out from under the fender.
You're really pressing your luck!!! :D:D

Back