free website stats program Royal Purple Synthetic Oil | Harley Davidson Forums

Royal Purple Synthetic Oil

Hey all,

I am new to the forum and this is my first post outside my welcome. Anybody know of good test data about using this stuff in bike applications? I have seen some test data on this oil for automotive applications and I decided to use it in my wife's car. Using it in the gear box, rear differential, and engine made a demonstrable increase in fuel efficiency, and presumably a little bit of power. Wondering about the buzz in the bike world about this. And no, I do not have any vested interest in this company!!

Thanks for any comments.

The battle for "oil supremacy" wages on...! :D To be honest, there is a thread in the forum dedicated for this purpose. The general consensus is Mobil V-Twin 100% Synthetic is the preferred in the engine, but 85W Gear Oil (Petroleum based) is preferred in the tranny/chain case due to 100% synthetic oil by itself is too slippery for long clutch life...JMHO! :)

Todd, no problem as HDTimeline is a friendly collaboration of V-twin rider and enthusiasts dedicated to helping each other sort things out thru our "Reading after Riding" venue...! There is a lot of good stuff here. Ride long and Ride Safe!

the oil is the best i use it in my fatboy and sportster, and about being to slippery for clutches,,,,,, ????????? it has synerlic in it......... ive had no problems with slipping ,,, my bikes run better ,,,, shift smoother,,,,, and when i change my oil now,,,,,,,,, the magnetic plugs are cleaner than before ,,,,,,,,, im very satisfied with the royal purple with synerlic,,,,,, i want use anything else

Good morning Slider, name is Troy and I have been trying to get this message to you since the 27th, but I was unable to since my post count is not one. I bought a 2009 Dyna Super Glide, FXD for weeks ago. I have been reading about different kinds of oils to use in the forums. I would like to know what you would suggest using in my motor, trans. & primary. I have also been told that I should install an oil cooler. I live in Tennessee & it does not get near as hot here as it does in Arizona, etc., so is this really necessary? Thank you in advance for your help,

Until,

Back