free website stats program Roundabouts | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Roundabouts

Glad your OK. New Jersey has been steadily getting rid of their roundabouts or circles. As one poster pointed out, they were great when treffic wasn't bad, but in our state, even in the less populated areas they are being phased out . I do agree, however, they are a nightmare to negotiate....

Not a big fan of them either. They are ok in low traffic areas.
Our last Governor though anything they did in Europe had to be the way to go so he went nuts building them all over Wisconsin.

Ah Ha. It's your fault, because of the every thing Wisconsin does Michigan has to do. They are showing up all over here now.

Except the helmet law thing.

Thanks everyone.
I will make sure that the Harley shop, that the bike is at, double checks the bike out when Progressive comes and does there thing. I would never take a check until everything was completely done first. It is the things that you can not see at first until you start pulling thing apart. That is what really hurts cause then the insurance starts to balk on what is wrong.

Sorry to hear what happened... Hope it all gets put back to the way it was.

No roundabouts here, but most people think "yield" means that folks on the highway are supposed to stop and let on ramp traffic in. I got bumped in my truck a couple months ago because I had to stop at a yield as it was solid traffic and no place to merge.

Definitely interesting addition to any hwy - ran into some "new" ones on trip to Minneapolis thet weren't thre last time...thought I was in Europe for a minute. Glad your OK & not to worry - bike will get fixed. Keep your head up & push the insurance reps to get things rolling.

Last trip to Mn last year I ran into a few of them in Stillwater, not a big fan of them

Boy that really stinks, and it seems that we are getting more and more of them here in Michigan also. I understand completely about the bike being your pride because Im the same way,, and I would be upset too. But the main thing is your all right, and You'll be around to enjoy next years riding season. Hang in there,,, you've got tons of support here..

Roundabouts work! But only when everyone who drives in them knows how to use them. they are putting them in and not teaching people how to use them.

im sorry about your misshap. Im glad you are ok.

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate incident. Make sure you get yourself checked out. Lady friend got hit from behind. At first she thought she was okay then we talked in to getting checked and she had a fractured wrist. Had she waited it might have been tough getting the insurance to cover the medical expenses not covered under her health insurance. I hope you heal quickly and your bike is able to be repaired soon.

We have millions of them in Italy, same problems as the British guys with lights, etc.

While I admit it does cut down on the left turn in front of you T bone accidents,
I'm still not sure I like them.

I am also worried about getting hit from behind, depending on traffic I usually do this:

With no traffic in my lane in front of me....

Slow down before.. hoping the car behind sees the brake light.

Most people will enter the roundabout with the attitude;
"I will slow down until I'm sure it's safe to go."

I adopt the attitude "I will go until I'm sure I have to stop."

With cars in front of me.....

Wait for them to clear, but leave 1-2 car spaces in front of me, then gun it thru the roundabout, leaving the car behind me 10-15 feet to move first before catching up.

The trick is make sure you occupy the space around you, and force the cagers
to.. 'acknowledge your presence.'

Back