free website stats program round air cleaner | Harley Davidson Forums

round air cleaner

hogtyd

hi all,
been awhile since i have posted anything. i just invested in a new hd round air cleaner cover and a k&n filter. really like the looks of the air cleaner cover, it is quite a bit smaller in diameter than i expected(bought it off the net) i thought it would be the same size as the old round covers. it looks great show's off alot more of the engine. it also shows the two screw bosse's at the top but planning on polishing them to match the chrome or painting them crinkle black to match the motor. any other suggetions?

hi all,
been awhile since i have posted anything. i just invested in a new hd round air cleaner cover and a k&n filter. really like the looks of the air cleaner cover, it is quite a bit smaller in diameter than i expected(bought it off the net) i thought it would be the same size as the old round covers. it looks great show's off alot more of the engine. it also shows the two screw bosse's at the top but planning on polishing them to match the chrome or painting them crinkle black to match the motor. any other suggetions?

On my 2006 sport R. I have a arlen ness Big sucker... I used the 8" cover that arlen sells and it covered All, like the old fashioned HD ones..

???
050$ for the cover.

signed....BUBBIE

hogtyd, Do you know the diameter of the cover you got? Tomorrow, I am going to get a stage I filter. Just have not decided on the filter or cover yet. I would like mine to cover the bolts I think. Thanks.

One thing to think about with the "classic" cover is that you need to space the cover out approx 1/2 inch with a spacer gasket. I didnt want to space mine out because of knee room and close to twice the cost as the small round cleaner. I am very happy with the small one on my wide glide. Part # 29153-07

I fabbed one out of a 2 quart aluminum sauce pan that I got at The Dollar Store for $6 (shoulda been one dollar right) Cut that sucker off to the depth I wanted, cut out the bottom to let more air in, drilled a 5/16" mounting hole in the center, and painted it with black engine enamel. It even had a non-stick coating on the inside. :s

hi all,

Hogtyd, do you have a picture of your new HD A/C setup...I have a teardrop one styled like the ol' S&S, but was a fraction of the cost. :D

KuryakinMiniWings.jpg

Has anyone tried the Baron Big Air Kit filter setup on a late model dyna? I can't find one online that says it fits a dyna but I like the looks and the filter size. Baron says it is narrow and does not interfere with your right knee. That is important to me on my 2011 FXDF. Looking for good flow and no knee space problems. Any advice would be helpful.

Back