free website stats program Rough running with stage 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rough running with stage 2

micanuck

I had a dealer installed stage 2 kit done over the winter on my 2006 Ultra and it has run poorly over this riding season despite an intake seal replacement and a crankshaft position sensor unit replacement. A friend with a similar problem has recently found relief by adding an aftermarket exhaust system without a catalytic converter. I had the stage 1 upgrade done in 2007 with no issues and that included freer flowing mufflers. Before I decide on an exhaust system change, which will likely add more sound effects, does anybody have an opinion to express? Thanks for your interest.
Micanuck

I had a dealer installed stage 2 kit done over the winter on my 2006 Ultra and it has run poorly over this riding season despite an intake seal replacement and a crankshaft position sensor unit replacement. A friend with a similar problem has recently found relief by adding an aftermarket exhaust system without a catalytic converter. I had the stage 1 upgrade done in 2007 with no issues and that included freer flowing mufflers. Before I decide on an exhaust system change, which will likely add more sound effects, does anybody have an opinion to express? Thanks for your interest.
Micanuck

Welcome to the forum micanuck. Your question is very hard to answer with such an ambiguous description. "Run poorly over this riding season", gives us no specific information to work with. Hard starting, poor fuel mileage, stumbling, etc, etc,etc, are facts we can use to help you.

Back