free website stats program Rotor Delima / ABS Tone Ring | Harley Davidson Forums

Rotor Delima / ABS Tone Ring

Rhys

I have installed a 21x3.5 fat spoke rim to the front of my 07 Police Road King, in that process I didn't notice that the new rim didn't have a recessed area on the side for the rivets the sick out on the back side of the rotor for the ABS tone ring. I was excited and in a rush so I mounted the rotor and installed the wheel. When I spun the wheel I heard a chirping sound and seen that the rotor was wobbling. There was no where for the rivets to go so it just bent the rotor. MY BAD!!! So I pulled of the rim and removed the rotor, and yes I bent it. So I disassembled the rim and machined the hub to allow for the rivet spacing on the tone ring that is mounted to the rotor. So now the rotor will sit flat on the rim, but my rotor is bent. I was wondering if anyone would have a 05-07 front left hand rotor for the police bikes with the ABS tone ring on it. The rotor doesn't need to be perfect. At this point I could use the good tone ring and machine it to work on a nice aftermarket floating rotor. Also I have pictures that I am going to post for all you guys that have these years of police bike as a do it yourself post with picks, but I need that rotor with tone ring to finish. Can anyone help me???
Thanks To All :D

Last edited:
Hey guys,
I got it all completed, and it looks sharp "REALLY SHARP". I got a great deal on some PM rotors, and I machined them so the ABS tone ring mounted to the left one. I pulled my digital caliper out of the tool box and measured everything to make sure the tone ring would sit the same on this rotor as it did on the stock one. I went on my first ride yesterday and it all seemed to come together good. Handled good, even though I did not sport bike it and lay it hard into the curves. I took it easy to be sure, but it seems good. I did a lot of start stops to check on the ABS, and it all worked correctly. Today however I went on a ride to show my buddies what I have done and the ABS light came on and is staying on. I spoke with the mechanic and they said the larger rim wouldn't affect that, they install them frequently. Any Ideas guys. Its a 07 police road king, they have a sensor on the fork and tone ring on the rotor. Not the abs bearing like the 08 up bikes. They did this from 05-07 on the police bikes. I'm trying to find the distance that the ring needs to be to the sensor, maybe its off a little. Please comment, Thanks to all!!!!

I searched for this info also. I cant find anything about it. I am sure there are some LEO's here or someone with a cop bike that could take this measurement very quickly to help Rhys out with this.

Back