free website stats program ROLLING THUNDER route May 2009 | Harley Davidson Forums

ROLLING THUNDER route May 2009

Mickster

HAPPY GOBBLERS DAY Y'ALL ...

Question for you WV Rollin' Thunder dudes ~ coming into your state from West Michigan, via Columbus OH and Rt. 33, do you recommend taking your Route 50 all the way east to the DC area? Good road, i'm wondering? Other recommendations, anyone? :bigsmiley21:

I know it's months early but, winter duldrums are setting in and what the heck ... not a better way to "think spring" like planning a the road trip to Rolling Thunder next spring. I'm stayin' at the H.I./Crystal City so, i would need to go directly downtown.

Any thoughts/advise would be appreciated. My first time for the trip, on my '09 EGC :D

Thanks much ... see you in the spring.

Mickster :bigsmiley21:

Best I remember, Rt 50 was pretty decent. It's been years since I travelled that route regularly, but I think it will be pretty good. I can give you some info on other scenic rides on the south eastern side of 50 if you are interested. I can hook you up with some awesome scenic trails too, but they would be a bit tough on a harley. :s Best of luck to you.

Whatever you do, avoid 66 like the plague. In Viginia it's known as the world's biggest parking lot. During rush hour(s) it's always backed up to Kingdom come.

Ok, Thanks fella's! :s I know it'll prolly take longer than following the cement snake but, what the heck ... nothing like seeing the open country! :D Any other suggestions, I'd appreciate 'em. Hope to see you along the way ... :yes

Back