free website stats program Rolling Thunder 2012 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rolling Thunder 2012

harleydogg

:ALABAMAI have never been to one of these rides before and would very much appreciate any info any of might have on this event. Where to stay , how far out of Washington do you stay. When to go into town for event and that kind of stuff. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Mike.

There is a KOA capmground in MD....forget the town but you should find it if you google it. They have cabins and also have a few fields for group camping. It is only about a 40 minute drive to dc from there. THe group I rode with this year arrived on the Thursday before to avoid the holiday traffic.....perfect and highly recommend arriving a day or two ahead of the weekend. As far as the event itself it was amazing! You have to go at least once to experience it. My wife rode with me and was amazed at how well it was organized and how friendly everyone was. She also noticed that you can tell that the vast majority of the riders are military or former military.....as the parking lots cleared out there was absolutely no trash on the ground! Everyone packed out what they brought in......if that were a concert or something like that with mostly non military folks the parking lot would have been trashed! Anyway.....you can't get any better as far as a rally than rolling thunder! Plenty of events....bbq's....concerts......vigils etc to attend if you arrive Thursday or Friday before the ride. Just make reservations early.....my group has already reserved tent sites for next year!

Great info , that was exactly what I was looking for . I told my Buddy about us going next year and his response was that's next year I'll worry about it then. We will be researching and making reservations in the very near future. Thank you so much for info . Mike,:ALABAMA

Back