free website stats program roller chain conversion | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

roller chain conversion

To answer one of your questions, yes you may set a code if you do not ground the plugs. I have a different solution than most for when I need to turn over the engine for diagnostic reasons. You can make a remote start switch on the cheap here which does not require the ignition to be turned on. Using any kind of on/off switch and two long wires. To the end of one wire add a female spade terminal to match the terminal where the green wire is located on top of the starter. On the other wire add a small jumper cable type clamp. This will be attached to the main battery cable on top of the starter. Now simply flip the switch to turn over the engine as needed. I do remove the plugs also.:)

Neat idea that, thanks for sharing.

IT'S DONE! I finally finished buttoning the bike up today. I will have to admit that I was holding my breath when I hit the start button for the first time. I was just waiting for something to explode on me...but it ran great! I took it out for a 50 mile ride just to confirm and the bike ran like a top. I'd have to say I am rather proud of myself. This is by far the largest mechanical project I have ever tackled and I am surprised by how easy it was. The only issue I ran into was with the bearing and that was a simple fix. Other than that the project was a breeze.

Another job well done by yourself and the good members here at HDT! Nice work to all of you.

Back