free website stats program Rolex 24 @ Daytona | Harley Davidson Forums

Rolex 24 @ Daytona

Grillfish

Well, last year I had a Corvette crash right in front of us, but this year beats that....

I won a VIP package from Mazda Motorsports that included 5 passes, access to Mazda's hospitality hauler at the end of pit road, 1 hot lap and 2 nights at a condo in Ormond Beach.

Mazda treated us very well with all the food, drinks, etc... and great seats in and on top of the hauler.

The hot lap was in a new BMW M3. The driver was an instructor from BMW and we did the road couse. He drifted in each and every corner with such control and in the highbanks of turn 1/2 we hit 120, back stretch we hit 155 until he slammed on the brakes, down shifted and did the chicane at almost 100 mph. Turn 3/4 of the highbacks, we hit 140. It was completly nuts, but one thing I will never forget.

My wife, well, she melted when we were in the Mazda pits with Patrick Dempsey (his team came in 3rd in the Gt class).

All in all, it was a fun event.

Rolex24Jan2011006.jpg

Rolex24Jan2011010.jpg

Rolex24Jan2011008.jpg

Rolex24Jan2011022.jpg

Rolex24Jan2011040.jpg

Rolex24Jan2011027.jpg

Rolex24Jan2011044.jpg

Grillfish,
You are da man!!!
Sounds like a very cool trip. Wonder if Ganassi Racing is going to trump last seasons success?

Hey Doc. I was on-line, saw some banner that said "win tickets to Rolex 24" and clicked on it. I had to submit a short on-line form. That was 3 months ago. Than last Thursday they call me up. I thought it was a scam and I forgot I entered, but when I went to pick up the tickets and info, it was the real deal.

Now onto Speedweeks. I use to renew my NASCAR tickets for years, but back in 2005 when the prices went up and it got all commercial, I stopped buying them. Now I watch it on TV and avoid the 3 hour drive home, that usually takes me 25 minutes. But, the Rolex 24 is alot of fun. I may camp next year.

I can tell you, the repave of the speedway, it's like glass. So smooth.

Have a good one.

Back