free website stats program ROLAND SANDS DESIGN air cleaner | Harley Davidson Forums

ROLAND SANDS DESIGN air cleaner

PeteINny

Does anyone have any experience with the ROLAND SANDS DESIGN - HARLEY DAVIDSON - VENTURI AIR CLEANER? I have seen these and they look well made. Do they work as good as they say?

Here is a related thread found by clicking on Search tab and typing in key words...

http://www.hdtimeline.com/general_harley_davidson_topic/23011-what_kind_of_air_cleaner_and_cover_is_this.html

The deal is it is very expensive, and quite honestly there are many high flo air cleaners that look trick and primarily use K&N air cleaner element which by itself is already in the $60 range...so $370 is a bit over the top...

tn209s3.jpg

Screaming Eagle a/c are bulky but do have a lot of chrome and you can cut the cover back to expose more element and still not hurt the "look".

Last edited:
Looked at them when I was researching A/C upgrade for my 09 FLHX, but passed on this one b/c of poor reviews & the price. Agree w/NEWHD74FAN - there are better options on the market & you can fabricate your own breather fairly cheap (search the forum section for air/carb).

I ended up w/the LA Choppers xXx breather & it was 1/2 price of RSD w/similar design. Do some homework & good luck w/the UG - you'll like how a little added air brings the motor new life.

Bye Bye HD Football A/C Hello LA Choppers - Harley Davidson Community

Thanks for the input. I agree on the price. It seems very high. I did see one in person and it looks well built. I do like the cone style filters however they seem like they interfere with your right leg. It seems like this style sits like the stock filter. Lots of options.

I put the Performance Machine air cleaner with K&N filter on my 2009 SERG and I like the look and performance. This product is very similar if not the same in design. You can also pick a variety of covers to match wheels or themes.

Attachments

• pic6.bmp
    119 KB · Views: 36
Digga,
Have you had any problems with the change. I have heard of several people having some blow back oil issues with this design. Also, what did the performance machine air cleaner set you back? It looks almost identical to the Roland Sands Design model. Were you happy with the performance upgrade?

I have one on my Nightster, it looks awesome, I always get the comments from the others, comes with K&N Filter, all black with a little aluminium, called the Contrast, 5 spoke, paid like $ 340 from Rob's Cycle, easy to install.
Looks Great !

Thanks guys, does anyone know what the performance machines filters cost?
Hobbit, It is very close in style and I was wondering if it is any cheaper?

Back