Rogue Chopper Scavenger user opinions

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by bgrant64, Feb 8, 2008.

1. bgrant64

bgrant64 Member

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone is using the Rogue Chopper Scavenger system for your oil changes on your touring bikes and wanted to find out how you like it:

Rogue Chopper-Products

Thanks,

Brad

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

Brad

The idea is a good one IMO and I have done much the same with my softail with the external oil lines as posted here in the tech section. Many think it's overkill but I don't. There is about 23 ounces of used oil in the oil galleries that mixes with the new oil which in itself doesn't cause any damage but I prefer to remove it completely even at the cost of an extra quart of oil.

Complete Oil Change (softail) - Harley Davidson Community

The only problem as I see it is the price of this unit. It's gone up from $79 to the $149 it is now.

3. RicanGlider

RicanGlider Active Member

WOW,:52: something else I just learned!:shock

Didn't know that much dirty oil remained on the internals:panic , that's alot.

Man!:11: something else I have to get......................:bigsmiley15:

Glider,Speed or any other of the big Honchos, we should have some kind of Group Buys program! just an idea........

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

Andres

Not a bad idea at all, but from what I have seen in the past elsewhere, there's problems with people ordering and changing their mind which creates other problems then.

5. bgrant64

bgrant64 Member

Glider, that is precisely why I started thinking about putting this on from the get go. I am like you I would prefer to get as much of the old oil as I can out of there. Just peace of mind I guess. I had no idea there was that much of a price change, it is a bit pricey for a connector and a few pieces of hose and an aluminum "hockey puck".

Brad

6. RicanGlider

RicanGlider Active Member

Hello bgrant64:D

Yeap it is pricey, it be cool if someone could hook us up with a discount:52:

I just learned about this horror of mixing my new oil with fungus amongus contaminated oils!:nosad
    I wont be able to sleep now!:22: good thing I got some Ambiens left.:24:

Thanks for the information.:bigsmiley12: