free website stats program Rode yesterday & ran out of gas | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rode yesterday & ran out of gas

I did it. I just ordered one off of e-bay at discount cycle parts. Found it for $30.00 and that's shipped. Sears wanted about $80.00 which is just plain nuts.

I did it. I just ordered one off of e-bay at discount cycle parts. Found it for $30.00 and that's shipped. Sears wanted about $80.00 which is just plain nuts.

On line ordering only at this time, price is way to high IMO, Chops Garage Has them and is a member here:s

Very cool!!
I have a small 1 Gal gas can but the shape is cumbersome to say the least.

A lot of local guys are packing one of these in their bag now, it's like putting on a rain suite and it won't rain, carry one of these in you saddlebag and you'll never run out of gas LOL, well at lease you don't have far to go to get gas. I think I read they even sell them at Sears now.
gas-can.jpg

These are well made in America, I've sold about 4 cases of them last year and only had one problem with a valve in the spout, I warrantied it and Reda stood behind it 100%. I've suguested to Ron that they make the can in blue also because a lot of locals have bought two cans, one for gas and carry the other in the left bag for water, comes in handy if you're a camper. I shipped a can off Tues. to NH and it cost the customer $44.00 because of shipping, insurance & tracking, since then I check on Reda's site and it would have only cost him $5.00 shipping to NH. I would have refered him to Reda if I had of known, :( I don't do enough e-sale to get the lower rates on shipping but sounds like ultradoc got a great deal for $30.00 with shipping as well as fast service. Great thing about this forum everyone shares information, it can not only save you time and trouble working on your bike but money as well.
Cheers

I just checked J&P web site (they are close to me) and the Reda gas can is $30 or $27 w/Gold Club.

Also listed is a smaller saddlebag liner by Saddleman to allow the rider to stow the clothes and then just grab the liner when using the Reda.

I always keep a Reda Gas can in the bags. That way I know I'm good for another 30-40 miles minimum.

That gas can would have come in real handy last summer when one of our riding buddies ran out of gas on a back country dirt road in Vermont and the whole ride had to come to a halt on that beautiful day as we helped him get going again. BTW, he had a Suzuki with no bags to carry it but if I had the gas can on my Ultra his problem would have been solved quickly & we could have moved on that much sooner to extend our ride. As it was, when all was said and done we probably lost about two hrs. of riding because of him running out of gas.

I can't believe this thread is drug out this long, sorry but is JMO. If you can't figure out how long you go on a tank of fuel then you may need a new calculator. the simple solution is if you are not sure on the amount of fuel that is in the tank, stop at a gas station and fill your bike with gas.

Back