free website stats program Rode yesterday & ran out of gas | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rode yesterday & ran out of gas

I still miss the old petcock's, Bike starts to sputter flip the valve and get to the first gas station. But the safety police eliminated it.

I still miss the old petcock's, Bike starts to sputter flip the valve and get to the first gas station. But the safety police eliminated it.

Yeah...
I always worry that I might not pay attention and that petcock was handy.
Of course, I have the gas gauge and fuel light so it would be my own fault if I ran out of gas.

Yeah...
I always worry that I might not pay attention and that petcock was handy.
Of course, I have the gas gauge and fuel light so it would be my own fault if I ran out of gas.
That's assuming the light and gauge are working right. With the petcock, there was no doubt, unless you forgot to take it out of reserve back to main.

Ha!..always wondered where some of the screen names originated.
There is a thread on here about that.
WAP.gif

I've only ran out of gas one time and lucky me the guy behind me in a cage actually had a gallon of gas in his trunk! Within:panic five minutes I was back on the road, lucky me!

I know we have guages and lights but I still prefer to keep track of my fuel by mileage. I have been very fortunate that my RG consistently gets 160-170 before the light comes on and then I figure I have an easy 20 miles to find a station.

Of course I have stretched a tank (5gl) beyond 200 miles and been nervouse as could be. Have also put in 5.4gl on a fill up from empty. I figure there has to be some excess but no-one ever wants to find the end of the tank.

I know we have guages and lights but I still prefer to keep track of my fuel by mileage. I have been very fortunate that my RG consistently gets 160-170 before the light comes on and then I figure I have an easy 20 miles to find a station.

Of course I have stretched a tank (5gl) beyond 200 miles and been nervouse as could be. Have also put in 5.4gl on a fill up from empty. I figure there has to be some excess but no-one ever wants to find the end of the tank.

I feel the same way about lights and guages. I watch the milage and don't try to push my luck.

Back