free website stats program Rode a Goldwing.. | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rode a Goldwing..

. . . . . . Got to the point in the conversation where he asked what I ride....pointed out the door and told him .."that Harley"..he squinted his eyes at me and, without saying a word walked away. Not another word was spoken. I actually started laughing as he walked away..couldn't believe it. . . . . . . . .

For those that know me, I'm a pretty forgiving feller. I don't hold grudges but I have found some folks I don't like to do business with. There are a very few I would not even care if they died, would feel the world was better off.

But this guy that did the above, is one of the strangest mindsets I've ever heard of. Don't know the guy, he may very well have some redeeming graces, since I have known a few characters that "needed" that to be acceptable.

What one buys or rides "should" be the best intelligent decision they can make. But to actually refuse to converse with someone based on what brand of motorcycle they ride is pretty far gone.

I find this thread interesting. On a Harley site we seem to give the Goldwing respect as a nice well made bike, just not for us.
You'll never hear those kind of props about a Harley on a Goldwing site. Just constant disrespect. Could it be that Harley owners are just that much more secure in their ownership in being able to recognize other brands without trashing them? You guys make me proud sometimes.

I think you nailed it right there Beauregard. I don't care if it's ones motorcycle, economic status, race, whatever. If you are comfortable in your skin you don't look to bash others in order to justify oneself. We are secure in our rides. Like the bumper sticker says "If i have to explain it, you wouldn't understand" :s

Beau, you speak the truth. In a locl Powersport store a few months back and got into a conversation about a Kawasaki Vulcan with an old guy. We were having a pleasent conversation, discussing road trips, motor oils and restaurants. Got to the point in the conversation where he asked what I ride....pointed out the door and told him .."that Harley"..he squinted his eyes at me and, without saying a word walked away. Not another word was spoken. I actually started laughing as he walked away..couldn't believe it.

IMO most guys don't care what you ride, why Harleys bothered this old guy so much, I couldn't tell you. I don't have the time or the inclination to exclude anyone simply based on what brand they ride.

Money can buy a lot of bikes, (HD, Honda, BMW, etc.) but, no amount of money can fix stupid.

Two words about a Gold Wing... AIR CLEANER! Change one, or pay to have one changed and you'll see what I mean.

The 2012 GL1800 that my buddy rides is smooth as silk and when you crank the wick, you had better have hold of the bars. Expensive parts. Installing a CB module and antenna cost well over $800. The heated seat went bad and the invoice said (it was warranty) over $1,000. The good thing is that everything is modular and plug & play. Getting used to having your legs splayed to straddle that opposed-six is the toughest thing to get used to. When HD comes out with a 6-cyl water cooled touring bike, I will be all over it like white on rice!

If I toured all over the country pulling a trailer I'd consider a wing. Powerful, water cooled, comfortable and reliable. It's almost like driving a car which really isn't the point.......or is it?

I really don't call it a trike, I have never seen a motorcycle of any type with a steering wheel.

Attachments

• iz_interior02.jpg
    iz_interior02.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 18
Back