free website stats program Rocker removal for DIY powder job. | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Rocker removal for DIY powder job.

The valve springs don't come off. Bottom rocker boxs are a close fit around the valve and spring. The rocker shafts are notched for the bolts, ez slip in and out. Just use your manual and camera. I also use a sharpie to make aligning marks or "A" to "A", "B" to "B" type references as I tend to forget which was where.
4f010718.jpg

Very much good success! I did hammer the shafts a few times before removing the bolts tho :54:

Yeah I was jumping the gun. As per the ref to remove cam cover, I was looking into removing the heads to recoat them as weel. I have a horrible shaved fins.

The QC guys back then wow!

817591de.jpg

Thanks! Off to do the other and prep for blasting.

When I was going to have some P/C down he wanted every thing media blasted and he wanted everything very clean, he said that was the secret to a good job. If not cleana and oil free the coating will not bond.
Ken

Thanks Kemo. I have a pretty nice hobby set up. HyperSmooth gun, sand blst'r, still waiting on a bigger oven. But I can do stuff bout the size of heads all day long.

Top rear rocker is warped. Another day I guess. Ordering a new one now.

In other news just fig'd out I have 87'1100 heads.

819db1ca.jpg

1698897e.jpg

f0e4616b.jpg

got the wrong wrinkle but u can see the idea i guess. used S&S wrinkle thought is was the bigger/rougher wrinkle/crinkle. these are not the D rings im using neways. they look like the were rock cast'd not sand cast'd. amazed they were allowed to leave the factory tbh.

thanks for the help guys. heads and c-heads next...

redid my upper triple trees tonight too.
73f557f8.jpg

99a50f31.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back