free website stats program Rocker cover leaks | Harley Davidson Forums

Rocker cover leaks

fwcole

A friend of mine has had repeated rocker leaks on his buell. I was wondering if any one else has had this problem? And also if sportster rocker gaskets will work on a buell? thanks

Very common for the rockers to leak on sporties and Buells.I believe they use the same gasket but Hobbit can tell you for sure.

How do I go about talking to Hobbit, I new to computers and not real familiar with how to naivigate websites?

I fixed a 1200 sporty a few tears back with Bartells metal base and head gaskets it seems the barrels shift causing the rocker boxes to be mis aligned use spray copper coat on metal gaskets and check the surfaces for nicks good luck

On my 99 Buell s3t the rear rocker box was leaking at 18000 kilometres. I changed the gaskets using James gaskets. The bike has 69000 kilometres on it now and still dry. The James gaskets are a lot better in my opinion than Harley gaskets.
kemo

Never tried the James Gaskets, but here is an excerpt from Drag Specialties (James Gasket website is under construction)...

James Gaskets

I'll certainly keep them in mind, have always used HD and never a problem, but if I work on the rocker box I'll give it a shot!

Back