Rocker C

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by Triple T, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Triple T

Triple T Member

my husband is looking at the rocker c.......anyone have any problems, or any opinion you might have would be so much appreciated........thanks in advance

2. Jon Seddon

Jon Seddon New Member

My wife's got a Rocker C, I have a CVO Ultra.

Driving: At very low speed because of the kicked out front end can feel a bit floppy so requires a firmer hand.

She's fitted the quick detach screen in standard size, plus saddlebags.

Issues - check the drivers seat clips in position a number of them have had bent brackets which mean the seat can move around.

Makes a nice sound and feels cool to drive around on and is okay for touring although you have got to think where you will attach stuff.

All in all a nice bike which gets more looks than my CVO!!

Jon

3. Triple T

Triple T Member

hey jon, thanks, sounds like it wouldnt be that great for longer trips?? over the weekend ive heard they are harder to handle..........he has the softail deluxe which i am going to move into, from the sporster.........i think he might be looking at the fatbob...........yes, the rockers do look awesome on the road, thats for sure,

ride safe.........

whoops, i think it is fatboy.............lol...........ride safe............

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2009
  4. Jon Seddon

Jon Seddon New Member

You can do the longer trips, just carrying a lot of gear is harder - we get away with it because if we go together then the Ultra carries most stuff, however, with the saddlebags and using the backseat for a tailpack means you can carry a reasonable amount.

Wy wife originally wanted a Fatboy, but once she'd seen the Rocker C then love blinded anything else.

The handling is good (for a Harley), but at very low speed the steering gets a bit heavy - it's not a problem you just have to be aware of it - the Ultra is much more difficult because of its weight.

I've stopped buying bikes because of their logical fit, nowadays I get them because they make me feel good.

Hope he enjoys whatever he gets.

Jon