free website stats program Rocker C Switch housing | Harley Davidson Forums

Rocker C Switch housing

hallmw

I am replacing my switch housings to the chrome ones and have run into a problem. What do i do about the wire for the signal lights? Maybe I am totaly missing something. Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm not totally clear on what you're asking, but maybe this will help:
there are small screws holding the switches/wires inside the housing. remove these, and the switches and wires will come out easily, and you can swap 'em over to the new ones.

The turn signal is attached to the clutch bracket and the wire for the turn signal light goes through the switch housing and i did not see a connector right away. Do u think the connection is under the gass tank.

You shouldn't have to do much more than swap the switch housings. Where are you running into the problem.

Hey,

I was reading a post from you regarding the problems you have with your turn signal wires not fitting into the chrome control covers. I'm experiencing the smae problem now and I was wondering if you found an solution. I'm thinking of drilling a hole for the wire and then finding a way to cut and re-splice the wires through the hole. What did you end up doing?

Thanks for the help,

Glen

Don't know if this will help? If the chrome housings are corect for the year and model bike, should be no problem. The instructions should be (-J00445 - REV. 2006-07-19) if not you can go to Harley's P&A web site and download. good luck.

For FXDWGI and FXDBI model motorcycles, the left and right
turn signal wires are routed through the lower switch housings.
It will be necessary to disconnect the wires at the harness
connectors (inside top frame tube) and pull the wires out of the
handlebar (FXDWGI models) and left and right switch housings.

Hi, I know this post is old but did you ever get an answer on the wire going thru the switch housing? I have an 08 rocker c and am finding the same issue now. Any help would be great. Thanks

Back