rocker Boxes

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by rebels1, Oct 7, 2009.

1. rebels1

rebels1 Member

Anybody know if there is some type of clear coat or sealer on the rocker boxes on a 07 dyna . Mine have water spots ,ect on them and look really crappy . Would like to polish them to a somewhat mirror finish. Any ideas ,sugestions ???
    Thanks in advance :bigsmiley24:

2. bwalsh22

bwalsh22 Junior Member

Got the same problem with my 06. Can't quite get them as clean as I want them. Only option is to get the chrome ones and a smaller hand to be able to clean them better.

3. jmpancoast

jmpancoast Active Member

Before I went to chrome, I polished mine regularly with Semicrome. Took several attempts, but this stuff removed all spots and shined them up some. I was chroming out the rest of the bike, so I went with chrome upper and lower boxes and lifter block covers. Cost me about $200.00 with he pieces found on on eBay.

Works well on the rest of the brushed aluminum as well (such as the triple trees).

4. Luwise

Luwise Member

I polish all of my aluminum parts with Fitz polish. There may be a clear coat on the newer models, but it can be removed with a polish or remover. I did put a lift kit on my tank to facilitate polishing the top part of the motor. Polished aluminum will never be as shinny or glossy as chrome, but does have a nice look.

5. smkinnan

smkinnan Active Member

+1 on the SemiChrome. Really good stuff. You might try Mothers as well.

6. cdn-bigfoot

cdn-bigfoot Junior Member

Blue Magic metal polish cream is amazing on all aluminum parts. Mine aren't as shiny as chrome, but darn close. And easy and quick to use. I actually prefer the look of billet aluminum and other polished aluminum to chrome when this stuff is used. It has a lustre that you can't get in chrome.